Keksecékeça: "Invalid URI: Unable to determine the format of the URI"

Hello

I have a problem with a machine at a customer's site: W7, Autocad mechanical 2009 and 2011 installed for a long time without any problem.

Since this morning:

when you launch Mechanical 2011, you get this message: "Invalid URI: Unable to determine the URI format".

When you launch Mech2009 no worries but if you want to change workspace, it crashes (I don't have the message yet).

Obviously it's related to workspaces, but why does it crash overnight.

Did anyone have the problem?

If you cut off the network, does it work?

Hello, maybe you should try a Windows restore.

yesterday I got a win 7 update for my part

1 Like
A priori it could be a problem with the proxy or the internet server that doesn't work. When restarting the workstation, do you still have the problem? I'm not sure if the space change bug is related.

The installation repair worked for several users: Control Panel,  Programs, Mechanical => right-click repair.

Otherwise, there are several other solutions:

Disable the infocenter in the registry (set to zero):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.1\ACAD-XXXX:XXX\InfoCenter

Disable the JIT debugger (if visual studio is installed):

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5hs4b7a6.aspx

1 Like

Thank you, I feel less alone...

@Bart, difficult to test, the machine is 500km from here and the operator is not comfortable (to put it mildly) with this kind of manipulation. I'll try to keep it as a last resort. I supervise and do the manipulations via Teamviewer.

@.PL, the machine was turned off last night and started this morning, and even restarted because of the errors. The nfocenter can be a track. For JIT: The application does not support just-in-time (JIT) debugging.

@Gerald: I have to check in the update history.

2 Likes
To be tested as a priority, the repair of the installation!
1 Like

This morning, a phone call from the user: it works normally again, but hey until when.

And we didn't do anything..!

1 Like