Link between mep files and part/assembly

Hi all

I usually save my drawing, part and assembly files in the same folder.

When I'm in the part/assembly I just have to right click then open the MEP and it follows.

Working in a new company, she classified the drawings in various files (Boilermaking, Bending, Machining, etc.).

So it's very.... painful for me xD

Hence my question, is there somewhere a small checkbox (or other manipulation) to tell the part/assembly file where to find its default MEP file? 

I don't have any add-ons like MyCadTool etc, just SW Pro.

Thank you cartoon friends!

Question:

why not continue to work as you save the plan in the file 

and make a copy for the different requested files of your new box

@+

@gt22 : Unfortunately I don't decide on the methods ^^

I usually put everything in PDF and then file them in folders so that the guys in the workshop/purchase can go and consult them. But not where I am now.

@ MEPConcept ,

In your 3D folder make a shortcut to 2D it's not great but fast.

may the force be with you.

@OBI WAN : that's absolutely what I'm trying not to do xD. Open, select a directory, then search for the plan among about 50 MEPs... Even with Windows Search... Especially not when you can do it in two clicks. 

The idea is to register the MEP link in the parts/assemblies files. My research on the net doesn't give much except to have a PDM that I don't have^^ I doubt that it can be feasible but I ask just in case!

No possibility of finding the "deported" drawing.

The ideal would be to change the method, it's up to you to find the arguments.

It would be enough to export everything in pdf for manual or automatic sorting via properties on the MEP

1 Like

Following a similar problem (customer who has unsuitable habits with the software), I asked the support question: not possible, the MEP must be in the same directory and have exactly the same name as the model (prt or asm).

The only valid argument is the time saver: a simple demonstration is enough (show that you can access the MEP just in one click from the model)

5 Likes

Hello

Normally, if you have a drawing created from the part or assembly, Sw will signal you that it exists and ask you if you want to open it, but these only work if the mep has been placed in the folder by making file saved as for the link to be created.

Solution that works (but costs an arm and a leg): EPDM.

He is the one who manages all the links between the files: he knows which part goes in which assembly and which drawing is attached to the part.

From memory there is a lighter but ultra limited version of PDM: it must be included in a SW pack.

You have other advantages (traceability and track changes: you know who did what and when and you can reopen an enrome assembly in the exact configuration it had at the beginning (including for all parts and sub-assemblies).

But it's heavy to install and you need outside help to update EPDM (unless you're a kamikaze).