Room-to-MEP Connection

Hi all

I noticed some time ago that the links between my pieces and their MEP only existed in one direction. when I am on the MEP, the link exists with the room (and fortunately by the way) but when I am on the room (for which an MEP exists), when I click on "open drawing", I am forced to go and find the MEP manually.

Does anyone know the method to solve this "problem"?

Thank you in advance,

Jérémy

Hello

Are your 3D and plans in the same folder?

Do you have any configurations?

may the force be with you.

3 Likes

I would say like Obi Wan. The MEP is probably registered under a different path than that of the linked part.

2 Likes

In my current case, yes my plans and my 3D are in the same folder.

And no, I don't have a configuration.

And one of the consequences of this lack of link between the 3D and its plan is that when I make an archive (pack and go) of an assembly, I don't have any plan that saves (even if I click on MEP in the pack and go options).

Thank you for your help!

Hello

I use a keyboard shortcut, when you have your room open; Make it look file and next to "Create a drawing from the room" there should be a shortcut with Ctrl-.. and you do that, and then when the window opens to say that a drawing exists, press enter and your MEP will open...

1 Like

No shortcut on my version (2018) corresponding to "create a drawing from the room". On a colleague's computer, it has Ctrl+D but it doesn't work at home..

If you have more or less the same settings, save theirs and charge them at home.

1 Like

Hello

It seems to me that the "open drawing" function from the room only works if the drawing exists  AND has the same name as the room.

In addition, it can very well be in a different location than the room.

Jean-François

1 Like

Hello

+1 for Jean-François BOURGINE, for the opening of the plan from the 3D model it also seems to me that the plan must have the same name as the 3D model, which is not necessary in the other direction, the part being part of the construction tree of the plan and the palette of views (path of the 3D stored hard in the plan file which should not be not be the case conversely).

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

Thank you all for your answers. After a test, it would seem that you should have a MEP of the same number as the corresponding CAD file. So I would know what I have to do in my next designs.

Thank you again,

Jérémy

I confirm same path AND same name.

How could the software know the name of the drawing? unless you do a particularly long process, like when you use Solidworks Explorer.