Link bubbles to a bill of materials

Hello

I made a drawing of an assembly where I inserted a bill of materials and the bubbles. I modified the balloon numbers (no text function, I selected the N° in the list of article numbers) in a specific order (not the assembly order). I then had to remove the nomenclature while keeping the bubbles with the well-defined order.

The problem is that when I insert a nomenclature again, the link with the bubbles is good but the order of it changes completely.

Is there a solution so that when I insert the nomenclature, it takes the order of the balloons that I had defined before?

Thank you for your help.

Hello

I don't think it's possible in this sense, however, the nomenclature is in the same order as your creation tree so if you put your tree in the numbering order you want you can put your balloons with the Item number without having to select the number by hand.

Edit: You can also arrange your nomenclature as you see fit and check Do not change the numbering of the articles

2 Likes

Hello

You have to work the other way around. By that I mean changing the numbers in the nomenclature and the bubbles will follow, and then once this operation is done, you can reorder your nomenclature to have the ascending or descending order according to your bubbles.

3 Likes

Or we can still go to the source, move your parts in the tree in the assembly because if I'm not mistaken, it's the increment order in the BOM 

2 Likes

or sort on one or more columns of the nomenclature.

See this tutorial

At the 35 minutes we talk about the bubbles and the modification of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iALiPz9bTA&t=2116s

and also

Sorting Bubbles

In addition to bubbles, stacked bubbles and automatic bubbles in the order of assembly, bubbles can be created and numbered sequentially. For bubbles, stacked bubbles, and auto bubbles, you can also set the direction of the order (for example, left-to-right or right-to-left for a linear layout), as well as which balloon is designated as the first bubble.

To set a sequential order for balloons :

• A bill of materials must exist in the drawing. A sequential order changes the order of the BOM.
  • You must link the balloons to the BOM. When you create a new BOM, balloons are automatically linked to it. If they weren't linked, you can link them by right-clicking in the drawing view and selecting Properties. In the Drawing View Properties dialog box, on the View Properties tab , under Balloons, select Link Balloon Text to Specified Table and click OK.
  • You need to add the balloons to the drawing because, at the time of insertion, you have the option to arrange the balloons sequentially. After balloons are added to the drawing, the sequential organization option is no longer available.

Table of Contents

@+

Is it what you tried by starting by ordering your nomenclature as you see fit?

You do a "drag/drop" of the lines to reorder your articles. The article numbers will be re-afected in order.

And then you add automatic bubbles.

1 Like

Hello

Obviously what works best and simplest in my case was to change the order of the parts in the assembly, which impacts the order in the nomenclature.

Thank you for your help