Master location escalve under PDM between two 2 files of different format?

Is it possible to create a master place escalve under PDM between two 2 files of different format, in my case, an excel file with a solidworks SLDDRW plan??

I want to create table plans with different information, but I would like to create a table in excel with all the references of all the table plans so that my supplier can use this table to work, easier than 120 plans.

The xls file would be put of course.

Thank you in advance.

Hello, I think a room family with an outside Excel file would do the trick. You have to link the family to the Excel file, see this link:

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_Inserting_an_Extrnal_Microsoft_Excel_File_as_a_Design_Table.htm

See this tutorial among others

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/famille-de-pieces-solidworks

@+;-)

No, the families of parts are suitable for 3d in order to manage the different configurations from this family, in my case it is simply a table  plan for labeling with information such as part number, designation, code..... I want in parallel with my plans an Excel base to manage under PDM, but I would like to create a master place between the base and the plans.

We can imagine creating the label in 3D (just with a sketch that we display in the plan) and then using the Excel table to change the text values of the label, right?

Because I believe that what is asked at the beginning is not possible (wait for confirmation from other people anyway).

Hello

You have to copy your Excel file and paste it as a reference on your SW plan so that the excel file will be part of the content and nomenclature of your plan and can follow the same indices if necessary.

@+

EDIT: on the other hand I hadn't read in full it doesn't allow you to drive the plan from this excel table.

You have to make a family of parts in the 3D and in the plan of this 3D bring out a family table and rename the corresponding dimensions to a, b, c ...

@+

2 Likes