Smoothing between 2 sketches on 2 different planes: SW2013

Hello

I try to smooth out 2 sketches on 2 different planes using the boss/smooth base function, one of the sketches of which is on the face of a part.

I manage to do it well when I start from a drawing whose 2 planes have no contact with a part.

I don't understand what's bothering me.

Do you have an idea?

diiity

platine_moteur.zip

tests in surface it  usually goes better

and see with the guide curves

show a screen of what you want

@+

I think your inverted rounding is a problem for him.  
Try with the surface module which accepts more things.

1 Like

Hello

I think we should separate the 2 operations that I want to do. You have 1 sketch on the 2 legs and 1 sketch above the other 2 sketches. For me it would be necessary to stire them so that each leg has its sketches for the extrusion.... a liver the whole thing sindé you have to make a 3d sketch that reads the sketches and there it works... see PJ

lissage.jpg
1 Like

However, I managed to do it without going through an existing room.

But on the surface, will it make me a hollow part?

otherwise it's with the function, "surface smoothing" because I did the same thing in solid.

In capture my test on the part and below the function performed without the part

capture.jpg
1 Like

It's because you create a part in one case and dabs the other one makes an extrusion... Look at my previous post with the attachment....

Sorry, the posts crossed

Yes, that's right.

On the other hand I don't understand your 3d sketch,

And then how do I copy to the other branches?

See attached

attached file SW 2012

it goes very well in volume

It's up to you to reference the sketches

@+ ;-)

lissage_entre_2_esquissediiity.sldprt
1 Like

The 3d sketch is to give direction. You will have to repeat the operation once again for the other branch and then I think you will want to symmetrical the whole thing.

I'm sending you the STEP as well as the part in 2016 because it seems to me that you have it too. And for the STEP you can use Featureworks which will recognize the functions in the room... Before I had a bug because it didn't work without the 3d sketch and now I do.... Not to understand anything...

It goes better with the file.   ;-)

platine_moteur.zip

Can you explain to me why a 3D sketch

if as I drew it corresponds to the need

Unless I didn't understand anything, I only created from your images attached on the thread

with staggered profile sketch 3

The height of this smoothing corresponds to the distance of the offset planes

now the sketches can be asymmetrical it works too

the file in SW 2012 is posted in my previous reply

@ cobra tell me if it fits or not thank you

@+

Yes GT22, I did it as simply, I just deleted the drawing on the bottom branch in each sketch as Cobra advised me to do and it works well.

Now I draw the bottom one and then I symmetry, it's not won yet!!

1 Like

made screenshots STP

so that I can follow if you don't mind ;-)

I don't understand why you delete your bass sketch to rebuild it????

You can also create a library function if you want

to have this straightening and put it where you want it on anything and anywhere and in any direction

you will just have to insert the function

How do you insert images into the text?

You just have  to click on the image circled in red

search your hard drive for the image near saved ;-)

to select  it and click OK

here it is @+

Fine thanks.

For cobra, I can't open the step with 2013, it ends up crashing, it's a shame because I opened it with 2016

You opened the STEP and the room with 2016??? For gt22, in fact it's a part with 4 branches and on 2 of them he had the common sketches. The bottom sketch on each of the branches and the top sketch ditto. That's why I told him that he had to delete one for it to work. ..

For Cobra

Where do you get sketches 4 and 5 from to do the smoothing because at the base they are the 2 and 3?

This is interesting because it allows the 2 extrusions to be smoothed at the same time