Smoothing the fusion between sphere and cube

Hello

I don't know if my question will seem easy to you or not, but I've been going around in circles for a few hours now without finding a solution, so here is my question:

I drew a square that I extruded to get a cube, then I drew a semicircle on one face of this cube, I transformed it into a sphere (via bossing/base with revolution). So far so good, but I'd like to smooth out the angles of the face of the cube that the sphere is on.

I tried the chamfers but they don't give the expected result (it could have been fine if it was a pyramid and not a sphere). I also tried the holidays without success.

I guess the tool I should use should be "removed. of smoothed material", but I can't configure it, so I can't even see if it's what I'd expect...

I also tried to replace my sphere with a "dome" function on the face of the cube, but it gives me the same result.

This is an image of what I have, if anyone has a solution, don't hesitate to :)

Thank you.

Hello

The fillet function would have to be tried again by changing the radius value step by step.

Or else do a removal of material by revolution with the center of the cube as an axis, you can draw a sketch tangent to the half sphere and then smoothed to your wishes on the cube side.

In fact, it all depends on the final shape you want!

2 Likes
Yes, I also wonder what the final firm is wanted! Maybe a handmade sketch?

Otherwise, to be able to make the fillets or chamfers, the sphere must be a little smaller than the cube! A thousandth can be enough sometimes!

But a smoothing will probably be more appropriate for the shape you want, see this tutorial for example:

https://youtu.be/DAmUZKLzod0

1 Like

Yes, as @.PL says, a smoothing of a square to a circle and then making the sphere with a revolution.

1 Like

Indeed, as @Tomalam. By changing your fillet or chamfer step by step, it should do it.

The other point that can be annoying is if your circle is "tangent" to the square. You then end up with a surface area considered too tiny to make your fillet/chamfer. The Ø should be slightly increased in relation to the square. For example, a Ø10.01 for a square of 10mm on each side

1 Like

Ok I'll try the smoothing between a square and a circle and I'll tell you what it looks like, in the meantime I'm on another model, for which I'll open another topic:)