Location template properties folded part

Hello

In Solidworks, when a bent part is made, a list of  properties is generated,

Do you know where this model is among the files? (if it exists)

I'd like to "format" this model (if it's possible)

Thank you, cordially

(I'm a beginner in the management of lists and nomenclatures under SW)

C:\ProgramData\SOLIDWORKS\SOLIDWORKS 2017\lang\english\weldments

1 Like

Thank you, but... This is for the welded parts, this "weldmentproperties.txt" file?

In this file there are no properties that it gives me for bent parts.

I have searched a lot but I can't find :(

1 Like

Hello

Are you talking about these properties?

2 Likes

Yes exactly, these properties are for bent part, but I can't find the "source" of these properties

(I put there a folded piece case)

piece_pliee.png
1 Like

Apparently these properties are used in weldtable-standard.sldwldtbt which is located in ...\SOLIDWORKS\lang\english.

Concretely, what do you want to do?

2 Likes

Thanks dbz, I found the file you are talking about, I will look if it is it,

Otherwise the point of my question is that these properties in the array cannot be modified, we can add more but not modify them and therefore an array with a certain number of properties.

For example for "Length" my client uses the variable "Length" and when I modify "length for length" and close the array, when I reopen it there is always "length". So under "length" I added "Length" it's the only way I found.

1 Like

dbz, do you know how to edit a file like this "weldtable-standard.sldwldtbt"?

it's not text and SW doesn't want to open it.

I dry

Hello

This is a tabletop model. See here: http://my.solidworks.com/reader/forumthreads/202315/how-to-open-the-sldwldtbt-file

More info in SW help: http://help.solidworks.com/2011/English/solidworks/sldworks/legacyhelp/sldworks/detailing/Table_Templates.htm

What DBZ showed you is "a table"

This is not the setting for the properties you are looking for.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think we have access to this setting file (it doesn't appear in the file locations).

1 Like

Like olivier42, I don't have the impression that we can edit anything of these properties.

For your problem, in a Welded Parts List table when you assign a property to a column you can put the title you want from the PropertyManager. Once modified you can save this type of table "customize" if you are used to using it.

Otherwise  you can create a Lenght property that recalls the Length property of the body of the part, but it's a bit twisted.

2 Likes

Thank you Remrem and Olivier42, First of all, Remrem, my problem is not at the table level, my client has his "cutlist" table that I integrate into the drawing, but his table asks for data other than that provided by SW when I make a folded part. (in the parameters of the soldered elements) I give you the properties that SW gives in pj.

and Olivier42, as you can see, dbz shows the properties for a folded part, (the same as I have)

To finish with DBZ, yes and I'm doing well as you say there, but I would have liked for "cleanliness" reasons in the part file to have the right variables without creating "duplicates" just because of an emphasis on Material instead of MATERIAL, you see, and in addition MATERIAL in capital he doesn't want to create it because he says that it already exists, It's little things like that that poison. And if I touch the columns of the customer's table it's not cool, I'd like to avoid it.

But hey, if there is no solution, I will try to explain it to my client.

I don't doubt your knowledge, I have seen on this forum very interesting questions and answers on a lot of subjects

I'm going to try on a dassault systèmes forum, I don't know where and if I have any positive I'll report the solution.

See you later, cordially

piece_pliee.png

Well, apparently this is a very old problem that SW developers have not re-investigated. (since 2013)

The only way would be to use macros that use API functions. :(

DS-SW forum:

https://forum.solidworks.com/message/364145

1 Like

Hello

Usually, properties are in a text file. I did a search on my PC, it didn't find me anything.

However, you can use a macro feature that would fetch the values you need and update the properties of each sheet metal body.

I say feature macro because in your case there is a need for the data to be updated on changes in the model.

You can also use this macro to rename the properties to your liking.

Try to start a search by putting *.txt in the Solidworks folders whenever you have a better result than I do:)

Kind regards.

Thank you Yves, for the search for a "txt" file, I've searched a lot already, but I can look again and also xml, I don't know,

For macros, I don't have too much time right now, but I'll look into that.

(novice with VB and SW)

Question for forum administrator, my question seems unresolved and without solution,

Can a question remain open?

I wouldn't like to click on "solved by myself" just to close the topic:(

(I still have to do some research but at the moment I'm very busy :(  )

Kind regards

1 Like