The logical unit of drawing on Autocad

Hi all

I decided to start using Autocad as a self-taught person,

I would like to know in fact what logical(s) they have to draw 2d plans like an architect etc ...

That is to say that it unit, for example, can be used in general to make an apartment plan, etc. ( the meter or millimeter )

If I decide to insert a block (furniture), in which unit will it be?

Thank you.

Kind regards.

Hello

If you use Autocad for the mechanics of office it's in millimeters, but you can set it before drawing, otherwise the easiest way is to draw everything in millimeters ... That's it.

For the inserted blocks, check the size and modify the scale of the block if necessary, ... But there will still be a lot to learn, courage @+...

@A.R Thank you for your answer which gives me confidence with my thoughts on this subject.

After I think it's also a personal choice if you take the millimeters or meters! 

If you want, it's to do landscaping, architecture etc ...

Basically, you draw in the unit you want (you just have to pay attention to the maximum values if you choose the angstrom).

After that, it depends mainly on whether you need to exchange files with other stakeholders in one direction or the other.

Good luck

The UNITES command gives you access to the small table that allows you to choose all of this

unites.jpg
2 Likes

Thank you all for your answers, it's true that I had forgotten the unit order... basically the basis for making a drawing!! Xd