My shortcut bar never makes a full day!

Hi all

Just a little question that may seem trivial but that over time is quite a pain in the ass!

when you select one (or more) entities in the graphic area, Solidworks automatically offers a small toolbar offering associated functions or options right next to it. It's very practical! On the other hand, after a (good) while, this automatic shortcut bar no longer appears! I don't know why but it's almost daily, at some point in the afternoon when I click on entities (whether it's a part or an assembly) these shortcuts don't show up anymore. not only in the graphics area but also in the tree (where I have to right-click to hide a component or open the part...)

The only solution I found is to close Solidworks and reopen, and there it works

Have you ever encountered this? Or a solution that would save me from restarting Solidworks every time in the middle of the afternoon?!

barre_de_raccourcis.jpg
2 Likes

Solidworks 2014 SP2 I bet?

1 Like

Lost!

2015 SP4

1 Like

Hello

Have you checked if the Microsoft KB that is causing the problem is installed?

Otherwise, when the bar disappears, it is disabled in the options?

See here:

http://help.solidworks.com/2011/french/solidworks/sldworks/legacyhelp/sldworks/ui/context_toolbars.htm

Edit: are the graphics drivers up to date?

http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/support/videocardtesting.html 

It can be a problem.

1 Like

I'm telling you that, because I had the same problem with the Sp2 of the 2014...

2 Likes

The KB is OK!

For the moment the bar is active so the options are well checked! Logical so far! I'll watch when it disappears.

impossible to install the graphics driver obtained through your link... Bizzare. unless in fact I'm already up to date! How do we know?

1 Like

Hello Thom@s, (and everyone)

To see the driver version of your graphics card:

Right-click on the "Computer" icon on the desktop then click on Manage/Device Manager/graphics card then right on the name of your graphics card and click on properties then on driver tab

Look there to find out if you're up to date :http://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/videocardtesting.html

3 Likes

Also look at the Ramrestante memory when it fixes this problem to you. If there are not many Rams available, we also sometimes have problems with the graphic display (part of the view in black... and other graphic problems)

And the only solution is to leave SW and reopen...

3 Likes

In the same vein, do you regularly do a CCleaner or solidworks Rx / system maintenance to purge temporary files?

2 Likes

Yes otherwise it's that your shortcut bar is part of the 25 hours/week :)

2 Likes

Just because your graphics card driver is up to date doesn't mean it's the best driver to run Solidworks.

Dassault develops its own drivers to run their software with better compatibility (in theory)

You can take a look at the Solidworks portal, in your account, you have a guide to download the graphics card drivers. But strange problem....

3 Likes

I did the update of the graphics card driver supposedly recommended by SOLIDWORKS...

great trouble has taken me! it's hell! completely unstable software, crashes every 15 minutes since yesterday it's unbearable! Of course I work on large assemblies but at least my old drivers not validated by solidworks at least held up...

As I restart all the time my shortcut bar is still there! at least that!!

1 Like

Which graphics card do you have? Which driver did you download? Sometimes he offers 2, you can test the 2!