Macro automatic property creation

Hi everyone,

I often create custom properties in my parts to be included in the title block - see attached image.

It works great! On the other hand, there is a disadvantage: you have to repeat the operation manually each time a part is created...

Does anyone know of a macro that allows you to insert these properties directly without going through the menu? I tried to create it by recording it but nothing helps...

Thank you in advance for your time!

Schpampz

question_forum_proprietes_automatique.png

Hello

No need for macro.

You save an empty part but with your properties as a part template. This is in a shared folder. Especially if you work with several people. Then you go to "Options" and then "File Location". You configure the path of your models to the right folder.

With each new piece you use your new model. So no need to redo the manipulation.

4 Likes

Hello

We work in the same way as Remrem described and we have about ten parts like that with the material properties already. Each piece is named after the material it contains. They are registered in prtdot

Like remrem but you choose the material in SolidWokrs afterwards (you can put a lot of them in favorites so it's fast), so not like Ac Cobra

1 Like

Why not like me??? When I want to create a new piece, I have everything pre-filled and the material is already defined... In general, you always work with the same material in your company... So a time saver.....

piece_avec_matiere_et_propriete.png

Thank you all for your quick answers!

Look at it, we can give the density of matter (and therefore matter) as we do at home:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Document_Templates.htm

@Ac: I was just saying that my company doesn't work like that

But how do you do Ac, if you change subjects along the way?

There we change it manually, like when we create a new part and change the name in the customize properties...

1 Like

You can also use property forms that allow you to limit certain values to a predefined list.