Macro: "read-only opening"

Hello, I need to be able to create a button in AUTOCAD in order to open files in read-only mode without having to think about checking the option when opening... (no one thinks about it)

Anyone have a solution on a macro to do this?

I immediately answer those who would suggest me to do this on windows (via access rights) or via a viewer that this is not possible... ;) (need to copy paste + need to create new plan in the same rehearsals)

Thank you.

There are this options, but to test because I'm not sure....

See image.

lecture.png
1 Like

Thank you Bart for the answer, it makes me think that I forgot to specify in my request that the question is asked for AUTOCAD and not SOLIDWORKS.... :)

Otherwise apart from that, by having the open and then the little arrow next to open, we can select

"Open in read-only"

But it's not a macro.

View image

lecture_seule.png

Oh dear! I hadn't seen.

Yes it's always better to specify the software =)

In this case, you can still look at my 2) answer.

It can work too.

In any case, the same option is available under Draftsight so in my opinion, if you select the type of files to open the small arrow appears.

The same option exists on AUTOCAD, it is known here but people who need to open files in read-only mode do not necessarily think about it...

So I wanted to have a macro button to replace the "open" button with a "read only" button

1 Like

As I only have Draftisght, I can't test in real conditions...

On the other hand, can you look at your keyboard shortcuts, in the options, see if we can't add a keyboard shortcut or even replace the control+O so that it launches the open command in read-only.

Hello, I think my macro available below is adaptable to AutoCAD quite easily:

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/macro-solidworks-retirer-lecture-seule-pour-fichiers-de-bibliotheque

No solution.... :(