STP stl macro

Hello

I would like to know if there is a macro or a software that allows you to save solidworks files (part and assembly) in step and stl with the configurations. I'm using the Task Scheduler, but it doesn't allow saving configurations.

For example, I have a "gizmo" part with a right and a left configuration. I'd like it to give me droite_bidule.stp, gauche_bidule. Stp...

I'm sure you have a solution, it would help me a lot since I've been looking for something simple for a long time:)

Good evening, yes it's possible with the macro I put on Lynkoa:

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/enregistrer-une-piece-chaque-configuration

Just change the part that records, by recording to STEP and/or STL. (I'm not going to do all the work!)

1 Like

Thank you, for the moment the macro does not launch because there is an error but I will find a solution:)

If other people have a solution I'm interested

Macro not launching at all? Is there an error message?
1 Like

When I run the macro directly it doesn't matter

And when I go through the edit and run menu it shows me an error

I'm on Solidworks 2015 64bit. I have downloaded the 64 bit config

Hello
Macro is indeed a good solution.
I don't want to advertise, but in the myCADtools suite with a number of utilities, you have "BatchConverter" which can meet your expectations perfectly.
I'll put the link to the presentation of the whole range, there are certainly other ideas you can find.
http://www.lynkoa.com/store/fr/tools-et-macros/utilitaires/kb-axemble-18515.html
Kind regards

batchconverter.png
2 Likes
You saw that there are 2 different files: one for the 32-bit and one for the 64.

It's okay it works, I don't know why I have to take the 32bits macro for my 64bits solidworks

So I still have to modify the macro for the STL and STEP recording with the right name because I would have wanted "nom_config"_"nom_piece".

In addition, is it possible from an assembly to save all the parts with the configurations?

myCADTOOL sounds interesting, but what is the price of the license?

1 Like