Flowsimulation mesh

Hello

I would like to know if there is a way to check the relevance of a mesh on FlowSimulation.

My client asks me for "mesh quality" and "error value" values.

If these values are not available, are there simple rules to follow to avoid making a mesh error?

Kind regards.

Hello

Before answering you, I would like to ask you two short questions.

1°) Have you had any in-depth training on Flow-simulation???

2°) Are you under maintenance (access to the hotline)

Indeed, the knowledge required for flow simulation is quite different from PEF simulation on a mechanical part (which is already not simple).

I have a little trouble understanding your remark about a mesh error.

The mesh on Flow-simulation does not have the same logic as for the Simu PEF in the sense that we are dealing with flows, and not on concentrations of loads in a specific area.

For the mesh, it all depends on the level of fineness sought, because there are very big differences between a level 0 mesh and a level 3 mesh and even more so with a level 3 with local refinement or a level 3 with local refinement with adaptive refinement.

Of course, I'm not even talking about the type of fluid that adds a level of complexity.

In fact, we could only talk about a mistake if you do not meet your client's specifications.

I have the impression that either your client knows a lot more than us about Flow-simulation or fluidics in general or is someone who gets foamed with questions like this.

To answer you, we would need all the contextual elements, the requirements of the study in termsof the model , which can be very complex.
With so little information, it's hard to make any serious recommendations to really help you.

Kind regards

1 Like