Maintains Settings

Hi all

In the System Option, Document Properties framework, I commonly lose my patrameters, especially the Units, so when I take direct measurements in case of inspection in an assembly, it is common that for a sheet thickness of 1.5mm, SLDW gives me 2mm, the property parameters have not been preserved, annoying and a waste of time.

Well I have the 2011 version ok but 2011 is not the stone age anyway.

To read you, when you have 1 mn

Thanks in advance

YB

1 Like

Normally, version 2011, later and earlier, if you save your document templates (prtdot, asmdot, drwdot) and you only use them, there is no reason for them to get lost.

However, your existing files are no longer related to your model once saved. So the "old" files will keep their original settings (especially the units).

Another point, have you filled in the link to your templates (Tools/Options/File Location/Document Templates?

And in the same way, have you filled in the default templates (Tools/Options/Default templates)?

Last point, in an assembly, it seems to me that the units used to measure a part are that of the assembly and not of the part! So if your asmdot doesn't have the right units, you can have this kind of inconvenience.

3 Likes

Thank you Benoit

Indeed I believe it comes from me, I look and see how to rectify, and keep you informed

YB

I do not distress you! :)

But there are several points to check, and some are not obvious.

Good luck.