Solidworks 2016 Update < 2018

Hi all 

I want to upgrade the versions of Solidworks from the 2016 version to 2018! 

Do you have any recommendations to give me? In addition to updating eDrawings to 2018 too. 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind regards. 

Hello

I advise you to wait a little longer because the SP4 should be released normally at the end of the month... It will avoid starting again.

Hello, make a backup of your rules and settings, icons in your toolbars, shortcuts, etc. etc..

These are the SLDREG files.

Otherwise you will end up with the basic rules of SW that are not the ones you are used to. You can also save all your part models, including basemaps. Also remember to memorize the paths to your models because otherwise it can be a challenge to find them, if someone has not used the standard SW paths.

Kind regards

3 Likes

To complete Zozo_mp, to make the backup: start/solidworks/utilities/wizard to copy the settings (the name may have changed slightly depending on the version).
it backs up at once everything that has been mentioned previously by my eminent colleagues.
To put back in place, same tools.

On the other hand, if your models have been saved in the default directory of SW, then you will have to go and get them and put them in a more easily accessible directory, elsewhere than on the system disk.

The good thing about 2018 is that Dassault has finally decided to make a specific window to manage paths, so it's easier to spot wobbly paths, which point to an older version.

2 Likes

Hello to you, 

I would like to thank you for your responsiveness. We'll wait a little  longer, so it seems more safe to me :) 

Kind regards.

As apparently you are not in a hurry, you might as well wait for the SP5 which will be released in October/November (and therefore maybe wait for the end of year holidays depending on the number of machines to be processed).

2 Likes