Density in the Inertial Measurement Tool

Hello

I'd like to measure inertia matrices with the inertia measurement tool.

It seems to be done well by doing:
1) Inertia measurement tool
2) selection of the part body for which the inertia matrix is sought.

On the other hand, then I would like to keep the measurements. So I use the "Keep measurements" checkmark which is fine.

My problem is the following:

I have a bit of a weird material (biological tissue) with a density of 1.245 kg/dm3.

In the Inertia Measurement panel, I can change the density and get the desired result.

However, I would like to store this result. But when the measurements are kept by clicking OK, it does appear in my construction tree Measure/ Inertial volume but the density is changed and set to 1 kg/dm3. In addition, it is no longer modifiable as you can see on the screen print below:

Do you have any ideas to keep the inertia measurements stored in the build tree the same as those initially defined in the inertia measurement window?

Thank you in advance for your ideas.

Hello

We need to create a lmite sensor for inertia.

The answer is probably here:

http://catiadoc.free.fr/online/estug_C2/estugbt0906.htm

You haven't applied any material to your part body so CATIA still uses the default value.

A material "On the body of the part" must be applied (any material , steel for example).

Then modify this material Name and mechanical data,  render thumbnail etc  (you create a custom material)

After more PB with inertia measurement (for this part body).

1 Like

Great Franck.

Indeed, it works well.

I had looked for a material with a name like "custom" but I hadn't seen it.

The solution of taking any material and then modifying it works!

However, if I want the elements to appear in a given color, how can I do that? Is it possible to put a color property with the application of a material or do you have to do the color management in the body of the part in the class?

Hello

It is not possible to put an "RGB" Color property on a material (you can of course replace the image of the material by an image created in paint with the desired color but to display it will be necessary to render realistic with texture) except by habit we work in Render mode with edges so the texture is not visible

You can assign a color instead of the hatching properties for the 2D (of course this is only visible in the 2D section view)

So for the color it's easier to apply it directly on :

• CATPart (in assembly)
  • On the body of parts
  • About the geometric set(s)
  • On the functions
  • On the "GSD" elements
  • On surfaces.

1 Like