Custom Materials - SolidWorks

Does anyone have custom materials in French that would complement the default ones of SolidWorks. A lot of things are missing, such as the Alpax, ... which are in very common use, however. you can find them on the Net in US version but nothing according to ISO standards.

One could imagine a file that the Lynkoa community would complete to have a more fleshed out standard.

What do you say?

6 Likes

There is Math web but the subscription for software extraction is paid...

rom's

Yes, good idea, creating a Lynkoa database can be very useful

1 Like

Hello

There are plenty of sites where you can download materials:

MatWeb

MatReality

and maybe others.

@+

2 Likes

I vote for it!

Clementine, you are the one we need!

2 Likes

There is also the solidworks simulation base which looks complete...

Maybe a little help from the publishers... If you were reading us, answer our call for this project!! (a petition like "free the .sldmat!"?)

I also think that creating Lynkoa resources is a good idea.

2 Likes

Hello

Absolutely, it's a very good initiative!

How could collaboration be organised?

Or a challenge of the best material database?

2 Likes

+1 for the creation of this library. There would also be other elements to propose (base plans, part models, assemblies, configuration on tools,...)  

On the other hand... We may quickly be faced with a software version problem. Isn't this already the case with the library of materials? No?

2 Likes

+1 too.

2 Likes

I think that for libraries among others for solidworks

they must be made in the oldest version possible

for everyone to use it

or a format that can be read and write  compatible

for the Max of log

so the maximum of nobody

for material libraries and others for simulation

on an Excel file with ADDOCS description and definitions

The same goes for product appearances, creating image files

@+;-))

2 Likes

In fact you would need the files, plus detailed procedures with print-screens to be able to redo them on any version.

2 Likes

Hello

The community database to such was realized? If so, where can it be found ?

Thank you

1 Like

Good evening Cybermeca,

I had launched this idea that seemed to federate a lot of people some time ago but then, nothing was done. I think that once they get back to their daily lives, people quickly forget if there isn't someone to relaunch and "drive" the project. Personally, I had the idea but didn't have the time to devote myself too much to it. I also have another problem: as a teacher, I only work with student licenses that can cause problems for future users of my work if they are used for industrial purposes.

I think that if it inspires you, you can revive the souls of good will and try to organize this library of materials that deserves to exist.

Yours sincerely

2 Likes