Material and thickness in automatic drawing

Hi all

I would like to know how to automatically put the material and thickness in the cartridge in the case of sheet metal parts.

Note that I use template tables created on EXCEL to set the correct K factor according to the material, the thickness and the bending die (the K factor was calculated following bend tests).

Clearly, I would like to note in the cartouche the 3 lines that are in my EXCEL tables: material / thickness / matrix

Is there a way to do this automatically?

I tried to look a little bit and compose the formulas as I had done at the time on Solid Edge, but on Solid Edge, we had made tables in the system itself and not via EXCEL.

Can you please help me find the right formulas?

@+

Hello 

See this link

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_creating_title_block.htm?id=34e9cfb2b15d44faa8da6e525c1f43c0#Pg0

@+

1 Like

Hello

@gt22 where is the answer to the question in the link you sent?

For me, this is possible with an annotation by specifying that you want to point to the properties of the component to which the note is attached and specifying that you want to retrieve the properties of the list of welded parts.

On the other hand, impossible to do in the cartridge I think.

@+

1 Like

Or else would it be possible to automatically put the material into automatic use of Solidworks materials? Even if it means that I create the materials as I would like to use them.

And for the thickness, take it from the sheet metal function1.

Re

Yes it is possible and in this case look at the link in the help that @gt22 sent (it must have read in a crystal ball that you would need it;) :) :)

@+

1 Like

Hello

Regarding thickness and material, you can create properties on your 3D document. Then you find these properties in your drawing by linking your title block annotations with these properties. On the other hand, for the K factor, I don't see any solutions to insert it into your cartridge.

Kind regards

3 Likes

@gt22: thank you for this link but I don't want to make a 3D cartridge, too long considering the number of parts made per day.

For the matrix, I'm going to drop it. If I only have to put that manually, it won't be a problem.

Now for the thickness and the material, I looked in the properties to create some but the problem I have is that I want these properties to be done automatically each time when I make a new part. I just have to define the thickness of the sheet metal myself as well as the material.

So how to make a formula in the cartridge that take the name of the file automatically as well as the 2 parameters I want.

If a charitable soul could put this formula on me, it would be great.

Thank you and @+

Hello

When you create a custom title block (3d or drawing), you can manage automatic texts thanks to the link function to the properties (see image).

At that time you will have access to properties automatically taken into account by SolidWorks, namely the file name, the folder name (and many others).

For the thickness and material, you need to create custom properties in the 3D model and retrieve these properties in the cartrouche (always with the same function).

@+

cartouche.jpg
1 Like

@jruffieux

Watch this tutorial

you should be able to make jams for your cartridge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wpGtFdBKAs

@+

2 Likes

Hello

To ensure that your properties are systematically present in each file, simply save a document template that you will find in the "New" function. These templates must be created once and for all Part (prtdot), assembly (asmdot) and drawing with your cartridge filled in (drwdot). So as soon as you create a part with a material, sheet thickness, or any other property, the title block of your drawing will be automatically updated.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Thank you all for your help.

The tutorial on youtube helped me a lot.

@+ for a maybe other question