Full mechanism but simulation doesn't work

Hello, I modeled an automatic portal on Catia, my model is finished and fully configured, but when I vary the control angle of the input shaft in the kinematic simulation window, nothing happens, it seems to be blocked  and I can't find any answer on the internet. I need help quite quickly because the project is due in 2 days. If anyone has an explanation for this problem, it would help me a lot. Thanks in advance.

Here are some pictures:

img_9742.jpg

Photo2

img_9743.jpg

Photo 3

img_9744.jpg

Photo 4

img_9745.jpg

Hello

In your settings of image 9743 you have indicated DDL = 0 if it is a useful parameter it seems normal that the rest does not work without degrees of freedom  (note I don't know Cati at all)

Kind regards

I don't think so, on the contrary the number of degrees of freedom must be equal to 0 for it to work I think.

1 Like

Oh well! not very logical so how to say that only one or two DDLs are allowed.

By creating the links between the parts, the degrees of freedom must disappear on Catia, that's how it works.

1 Like

I confirm. Augustin, you're right on this point.
By the way, there are a few more details in the 3DExperience (new version of CATIA in the Mechanical System Design module and the new Kinematics DMU). It is specified:
DOF without command and DOF with command.
Without a command, the mechanism must maintain degrees of freedom, this is the mobility of the mechanism. By adding the kinematic motors (control), the mechanism is constrained in a given configuration.

By the way, for my information, in what context did you get this project? IUT, engineering school?

Thank you

2 Likes

Hello @bendesart

Thank you for the explanation on the DOF with and without engines, it's very clear and very logical ;-) whereas Solidworks is less sophisticated from this point of view.

Kind regards

Hello

it goes back a long way and I don't have KIN anymore.

I think that if you first open the portal manually before starting the movement it should work.

I had a similar PB related to the fact that the engine runs clockwise and as it was throwing at the end of the race it couldn't move after putting it at the beginning of the race it went back to normal

1 Like