Best answer

Hello
I notice that it has been several times that I see question askers attributing the best answer to themselves while forum contributors, admittedly, may not always find the best answer but have sought and undoubtedly helped the requester to progress in his practice and thus solve their problem.
It would be at least polite, I think, to be grateful for the time they have spent looking for or passing on their knowledge, and that it is also with pleasure that they help you by assigning them the best answer.
It's always a pleasure, no one has anything to gain from it.

6 Likes

Hello
I completely agree with you!
On the other hand, the difficulty is to know to whom to attribute this " best answer " when the solution has not been given by a contributor.
Maybe try to find a trick together to assign this " best answer ".
Fred

4 Likes

Hello @Le_Bidule ,

I totally agree with you.
It happened several times that I solved my problem myself thanks to the research and suggestions of others.
In this case, I proceed as follows:

• 1 - I thank everyone
  • 2 - I note as the best answer the one that allowed me to move forward the most (it's not always obvious...)
  • 3 - I explain my solution in case others have the same problem.

This allows everyone to move forward.

7 Likes

Hello,

I don't completely agree with you:
Writing down a " best answer " allows it to be pinned below the question and thus saves time for the next ones in solving their problems.

As a result, pinning an answer that only provides part of the solution when you explain the complete solution in a later post is to put the ultimate answer in the background.

7 Likes

Hi all

@coin37coin is not wrong...
Basically, for the closure of a topic, we should have the possibility to define one or more top contributor(s) on the question rather than a " Best answer " (and thus have the notion of " Best mixed collegial answer" and distribute the points more fairly), and
to summarize the solution to the problem, even if it means putting a link to the post(s) that contain the answers...

To be suggested as an improvement of the forum. @Coralie if you're reading us...

3 Likes

Likes are used to give thanks. The best answer must be the one that solved the problem even if other contributors have participated to solve the subject, we can't share the right answer, that's the principle of all forums.
So yes sometimes we can attribute the right answer to ourselves, which does not prevent us from thanking the different contributors in this post.

4 Likes

Does everyone agree to assign the best answer to coin37coin?
That is to say, to be able to self-attribute a better answer if the ultimate solution is explained and can be used as a reference.
:point_right: Please note that the vote is open

2 Likes

Boom, I'm at the point where I'm already satisfied when the requesters make the effort to come and see the answers proposed by the community.
So those who think of declaring a " Best Answer " even if it's sometimes self-congratulation => Paf!! Party favors, streamers and mothers-in-law's tongue. :gift:

5 Likes

Hi all

Indeed, this question of the " best answer " is debated; Originally, this best answer is used to indicate the solution to a problem more quickly so that everyone can find it more easily, and thus close the subject.

Each of the members will give his help on the question, and the author himself tries to find a solution thanks to the help of the others, and in general, it is a common help that allows the author to find the answer. So the author can write the " final " answer and take credit for it as the best answer.

In this case I agree with @a.eriaud it is a question of thanking all the members who contributed to the subject and giving a detailed answer to help the community.

The limit is just not to abuse this notion of self-attribution, (because like every end of the year we have the podium of top contributors and the notion of best answer is taken into account). The answer must be complete and coherent (it is not a question of attributing any of your own answers)

If the debate persists, we can reconsider this self-attribution;
It's up to you to gauge and be fair play :blush:
Coralie

7 Likes

That said, it seems to me that it is possible to modify this attribution a posteriori... I don't know, only the " moderators / members of the Lounge " have this option... (It would probably be better if it were the case) but here too it is possible to fall back on random " Fair Play "...

@Maclane yes, only the moderators or the person who posted the question can modify the attribution later.

2 Likes

Good evening

Whether you are right or wrong, I agree with the visions of each of you.

That's why the solution that will reconcile each of them can only be the addition of a " Thanks ", or " Useful " or " Contrib " icon, in short, whatever the name you get:
Separate THE " Solution ", which synthesizes or establishes the resolution of the problem,
" Appreciation ", which expresses a reaction to the message,
and, new, the " Contribution ", which highlights the relevance of the response in the resolution process. You could use a star, since it's not in Like emotes.

In summary, it is necessary to:

• Rename " Best Answer " to " Solution ".
  • Add an icon :dizzy: for the usefulness of the subject, between Like and Best answer, sorry, Solution,
  • Add an expanding button labeled " Contributions: " (or " Helped: ") above the "Solution " that appears below the original Question. It would make it possible to group and visualize only these contributory messages (before arriving at the solution).
    As a bonus side effect, it therefore makes it possible to ignore irrelevant or distracting messages.
  • Add this Thanks/Helpful/Contribution counter to the profile,
  • Reward the most relevant,
  • Rewarding myself for making the world a better place.

Kind regards

(Edit: I just read @Silver_Surfer and I see that he had the same... Okay then " Rewarding SilverSurfer and me for making the world a better place ")

4 Likes

Hi all

The idea of @Sylk seems to be good!

I would add the addition of a filter on the conversation to see only the messages with the mention useful.
It would allow you to reread the conversation to get a little more context than just the solution which can sometimes be a little literate in explanation, but without retyping the whole conversation.

or, as is the fashion at the moment, maybe AI can help us by offering a summary.

2 Likes

Yes, that's the purpose of the

But indeed in the form of a filter in addition it would be perfect.

It is to lend a lot of hope to users and their desire to sort through the answers. First of all, having a selection of correct answers is not innate for everyone...

However, thinking back on all this, I wonder if Visiativ's email reminder about the importance of choosing the best answer is not counterproductive. From memory, it arrives within 2 days after the publication of the question.
Except this one is not always answered/in progress. So I wonder if she doesn't put " pressure " on a non-regular who clicks on the last message without asking any more questions.

Maybe it would be more relevant to send a reminder to the user after a time of inactivity on the topic?

4 Likes

Hello
I will also add that there is a certain latency to thank or other answers from the requester, it's simply politeness...
@+.
AR.

Another thought:
In case there is no solution ==> the software concerned cannot fulfill the requester's desire but directs to another app ==> BEST ANSWER or SOLUTION + thanks to those who have broken their neurons

Other clarification:
In the event that no one in the community has the answer. The requester makes a ticket to VISIATIV and transcribes the answer in the forum, so he can attribute the best SOLUTION + thanks com + VISIATIV

2 Likes

Unfortunately @Le_Bidule , it seems to me that these are solutions compatible with people who come regularly and who have an attachment to the forum

For the others, who come once a year (and again), they may already think that they are opening a ticket here :slight_smile:

Indeed, ideally it would be great that each one thinks of thanking everyone and assigning better answers. (Even if for my taste, it can quickly turn into a school of fans :wink: ) But in reality, I am satisfied with a " more follow-up = the answers have led to a solution by way "

5 Likes