My pieces penetrated

Hi everyone

I'm currently performing a frequency analysis on Solidworks Simulation on a system of several elements to find my resonant frequencies.

Only when my results are displayed, the parts penetrate each other at the resonance so the values of natural frequencies are wrong compared to reality.

Does anyone know if there is an option somewhere in Solidworks so that when my parts deform, they don't penetrate?

Have a nice day

It seems to me that there is an option to detect collisions but not being a Solidworks user anymore I will let my colleagues answer more precisely

3 Likes

Hi @ Piat

as @ Tomalam says there is the collision detector but it is only used for contact information

so if you have several parts collinear constraint

if you have deformations on one according to your constraints

This deformation will be obsorbed via the other parts so false

If you don't want them to resonate with each other, you have to separate them, no other choice

@+

3 Likes

What do you mean we have to separate them?

My parts are embedded with each other, I have a solid contact on my whole assembly but since I have different materials, some plates making up my modeling have different resonance frequencies and meet but solidworks does as if there was no contact and let them go through each other.

Post screenshots A picture is worth a thousand words

@+..............

2 Likes

This is what my problem looks like

sans_titre.png

Hello

What is the scale used to display the results? If the scale is exaggerated (x1000) you have the impression that the pieces fit into it, with the display at real scale everything goes back to normal.

Otherwise it is possible to specify contacts between assemblies or components with the "no penetration" option.

deformationx30.jpg
2 Likes

Yes, in reality the display gives me the impression that my parts fit into it but it's only an illusion... It's a stupid mistake on my part, as much for me.

In any case, thank you for helping me

2 Likes

Maybe it's just the resolution of the screen, if solidworks doesn't tell you anything, it's because your zoom is important and the rendering can be quite small. Laugh

1 Like