Error Message: Solidworks Database Is Missing

Hello

When I open Solidworks I get the following error message: "The Solidworks database is missing. Not all features will be available."

Does anyone have any idea of the cause of this message?

Thanks in advance

Hello

Have you tried to go to "general option" and click on restore? He may have lost his ties.

Hello

Other + radical method:

- On windows, run REGEDIT

- Delete the branch from the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Solidworks

Then restart SW. Be careful, SW resets and you lose all your personal settings, but it regains all its paths in principle...

Hello,

This happens when files with solidworks settings are not accessible.

You probably have files on a network or on a disk that is not accessible.

you have to look in your options and identify the missing files

@+

From SolidWorks and in Tools / Add-ins you should have to check:

"SolidWorks Workgroup PDM 2012".

I tried to restore the links but I still get the error message.

I actually believe that this comes from the fact that I use EPDM and that on this workstation the rights are quite restricted so the database must be incomplete and Solid Works informs me of this.

Thank you and have a good day

This error message has nothing to do with EPDM, but rather that you checked in the SolidWorks PDM Workgroup add-in and not EPDM.

Every time I got this message it's because one of the network drives was not connected.

For example, the network or drilling table is backed up...

On the title bar of this message you have the name of the add-in concerned (e.g. FeatureWorks).

You activate it in SW, you close SW.

You reopen and turn it off, then exit SW again.

And then it's OK.

Cdt

Hello

I just had the problem.

In fact I had inadvertently deleted the file

\lang\english\SWBrowser.mdb

I restored it and it works

A+

Hello

I had the same problem, it came from the fact that the base was on a network drive whose letter had changed.

After putting the original letter back and cleaning the registry as instructed above, it worked.

On the other hand, I can't activate the PDM add-in because it's not in the add-in list.

I have a premium version 2012 SP1