3D projection error message

Good evening everyone

New to Catia. I have difficulty handling it. In Catia's sketch, I select the closed outline and project the 3D elements. When I want to get out of the sketch I get the error message "the component is the first solid of the body, the sketch is open the thick  option must be used... " (see attachment) which then causes me problems with my extrusion.  What should I do?

erreur3d.png

Hello

Start by using sketch analysis.

You can try the automatic repair but I still advise you before checking the unconnected link(s) and checking that CATIA closes the hole(s) correctly.

According to your Graph, I see that you work in hybrid mode during your training, have you been explained this mode?

1 Like

This is the first time I've heard of hybrid mode.

Hello

Hybrid mode first appeared with CATIA R14 and since then it has been active by default when the software is installed.

Normal mode (for us who started with CATIA R8).

Elements such as points, planes, lines, surface, are arranged in geometric sets.

The "solid" functions are under a Body of parts.

Hybrid mode.

All the elements are arranged chronologically in the body of parts.

You can organize manually as long as you respect the parent-child hierarchy in ordered geometric sets.

From my point of view, the first one is more flexible on the organization of the graph.

The second one is stricter on the order in which the elements are created.

If you type Hybrid in the lynkoa search you will find some info

Also on this site.

https://catiatutor.com/listing/conversion-of-hybrid-to-non-hybrid-environment/