Complete manufacturing management method via solidworks

I've been in a very small business for 6 months where we just have a premium solidworks.
I'm in the process of modeling the most common fabrications down to the last screw, in the hope of "easily" obtaining 3 types of bills of materials

1/ The shipping bill of materials
2/ The manufacturing bill of materials
3/ the supply nomenclature to allow the previous ones (ideally to be able to give me the quantities of crudes, too)

I'm starting from scratch, there are no codifications, no referenced plans, only sketches of assemblages.
The support contract has a lot of difficulty in advising me on working methods for this purpose
We are a welding workshop, frequently using laser cutting as well as rolled steels

I dig into the custom properties to add an article code / for easier tracking, especially since our manufactures are modular (and therefore some parts can be multiplied according to the wishes of the customers

Brief... I'm looking to find out how others do it, to try to optimize and simplify the manufacturing :)

If you have any advice, that would be wonderful, thank you very much

With us we have created personalized properties with Boilermaking, Cutting, Mechanics, or Insulative Supplies.

Then, thanks to smartbom (Visiativ software), you can export a bill of materials in a predefined excel file with a few macros.

From this file we obtain a complete nomenclature with all the desired cleanliness according to the category and the total and sub-assembly quantities.

Thanks to the macro we obtain a list of parts to be manufactured with the 1st manufacturing method (cutting, mech...), we also obtain a sheet with the industrial supply and a list of laser cutting parts.

The laser parts list is used to launch Integration to make the dxf of each cutting plane.

Still with Integration and the list of manufacturing parts, we export in pdf the plans with the quantities, the quantities by sub-assembly, the name of the customer of the business which is filled in auto from the excel nomenclature.

Then we import the excel file into our CAPM in order to retrieve the industrial supply list with the quantities and the list of parts to be manufactured.

That's it for the explanations in accelerated mode.

6 Likes

I won't add much to the excellent method of @Sbadenis (which I salute) just a suggestion if you have several Positions use PDM which offers other possibilities especially for consultations and the circulation of information 

4 Likes

We only have one post, and visiativ is unknown around here...  

So it's solidworks premium and excel as a tool at your disposal...  

Visiativ is a distributor of Solidworks. They are the ones who launched and manage this forum.
Maybe you can get closer to your supplier or change it...

2 Likes

Ask them about the cost of Mycad tools and then see what it would save you in time and it's up to you to see if it's profitable.

If so, you have all the arguments in hand to convince your management!