SolidWorks License Migration without a License Manager

Hello

How do I migrate a SolidWorks 2016 license from one PC to another without the License Manager tool?

I thought I had done the manipulation correctly but it was obviously not the case and I uninstalled SolidWorks on the old machine.

I guess a procedure must exist, in case of a hard drive crash or this kind of disappointment.

Thank you for your help.

Hello

You have to go through your dealer.

1 Like

2 possibilities:
- Have you formatted the machine where SW was installed? if not, reinstall SW and do the transfer.
- if the machine is formatted, Rim-b solution: contact your reseller (if it's Axemble, it's via the Lynkoa website, which you have to open a ticket). In general, you will be helped out within half a day.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick answers!

Why formatted!!

All you have to do is transfer a license with the SW utility.

The transfer of the licence is probably the best solution, I grant you.

1/ When the disk has been formatted or is HS (whatever the reason), it's impossible.

After having the reseller on the phone, I confirm that you have to go through them to make a request to SolidWorks in this case.

2/ Otherwise, the best (and fastest) solution is to reinstall SolidWorks (in minimum version) and then perform the license transfer with the utility provided, which is fine.

1 Like

It would have been more correct to note Steffeno's answer as the best answer! It was the one that best answered your question...  

1 Like