Solidwork Migration 2018

Hello

We have just installed solidworks 2018, replacing the 2015 SP3.

Today we are no longer able to change the configuration of the main assembly of the project (1 night was not enough). On the other hand, it is possible to change the configurations of the subassemblies from the main assembly .

The assembly being very large (107 MB) I don't really want to have to redo the assembly. 

Is it possible to know where the block is when changing the configuration of the main assembly?

Sincerely,

Bastien

Hello, do you have a lot of subset in your set?? Are there many that change configurations? I think Solid updates all the sets before rebuilding the final set, which is very time-consuming and must make it crash!

Are you in complex assembly? look at your options to limit or even remove the loading of subsets, but get the latest versions of subsets before opening the big set

Hoping to make it clear...  

Kind regards

G.

1 Like

Hello

No problem understanding your answer, thank you.

The complete set has a lot of people yes with quite a lot of machined, mechanically welded and trade parts. (13500 components)

What seems strange to me is that the general set worked correctly with Soldworks 2015 SP3 and now that we have done the 2018 migration it doesn't work anymore. We have the impression that it updates elements when all of them have already been saved in 2018 version.

What are the differences between 2018 and 2015? Maybe a new parameter on the 2018...

Kind regards

Bastien

Hello, which SP do you have installed, the differences are too numerous to be listed and personally I am still under 2015 SP5, You have win7 or did you have to switch to Win10 at the same time???

Have a nice day

G.

we're on 2018 Sp1, and we're staying on Win7

I imagine that there must be a lot of evolution, I'm afraid I'll have to redo the complete assembly to find a correct functioning :-( 

There are, yes, but it's not a revolution either. Have you updated all your files? (save from the new version)??

Have you unchecked in the options "get the latest version of components when opening"?

The registration in version 2018 was done as soon as the migration from the general set. Since then we have continued to work on the design so some parts in the 2015 SP03 version have also been opened in 2018 SP01. which is not necessarily the case for all rooms.

In the settings I didn't find the option "get the latest version of the components when opening" 

Where is it?

This EPDM option is now in the Reference Dialog Box (right-click on Group or User > Settings): 

reglages_-_admin.jpg
1 Like