Solidworks Student Solidworks Update 2019-2020

Hello everyone.

I installed the 2019-2020 student Solidworks version for my son. It was in April 2021, normally for one year.

However, a few days ago, I got a message telling me that my version expires in 30 days. Today, the counter is at 28 days... What for? It was specified one year.

Another question: at the end of the one-year period (normally), can I get a free license key for personal use and thus keep my Solidworks?

Thank you.

capture1.jpg
capture2.jpg

Hello

On a student version, I'm not surprised that the activation ends at the end of the school year, once the year is over, there is no more reason to have a student license, unless you renew it for an additional year as a student. The student license probably expires on this date 31/07 each year can import the date of validation.

Otherwise no "free" license except for the student context, to use this software in a personal or professional way it is imperative to have a paid license.

3 Likes

Thank you sbadenis.

I was starting to wonder if anyone was going to answer me.

If I reapply for a student license, will I be able to keep all my original installation without having to reinstall everything? 

Have a nice day 

I think so, personally I have a pro license that is renewed every year without reinstallation.

I imagine that for the student license it is the same.

And at worst, you just have to export and then reimport your solidworks profile in the new version so as not to lose the settings:

https://help.solidworks.com/2020/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_copy_settings_wizard.htm?verRedirect=1

1 Like

Thank you sbadenis.

Sorry. I was not warned of your answer. Unfortunately, my student version has been blocked since today. I don't understand because a friend installed the same version on the same day and for him, it will stop in 2022...

So I only took advantage of Solidworks for a few short months...

Another problem is that I can't apply the method to recover my profile because I can't launch Solidworks anymore. I had been given the name of the files to be backed up but I lost the link. 

I'm frankly very disappointed because it was my favorite pastime.

I MODIFY MY MESSAGE:

So,  I tried to get a new version of Solidworks Student,  and I even used a different email address. The problem is that even with a complete uninstallation, a deep cleaning with specialized software and a deep cleaning of the registry, the license number of my version remains visible to Solidworks who tells me that it cannot use this license for the 2020-2021 version (I am not offered a 2019 version).

I don't know what to do anymore.

1 Like

If you install a new version it automatically recovers the profile of the old one already installed, normally.

The question does not even arise. Solidworks, whatever I do, finds the license number of my outdated  student version (after barely 4 months, instead of a year, I re-specify) and refuses the installation.

I have provisionally submitted a 2014 version. But many very useful 2019 functions are missing.