Assembly drawing with solidworks

Hello

When creating a drawing of an assembly some lines are not visible (on a section), how do I make them visible?

(SW2013SP3.0)

What are invisible traits?

If it's the hidden traits, it depends on the display chosen for the view. The adjustment is done by the property manager of the view.

An image would be welcome to explain the defect.

Hello

Have you tried checking or unchecking the options in the section view? I'm thinking of the "Section" option in particular. (see screenshot)

Have a nice day.

vue_en_coupe.jpg
2 Likes

Here is an image! I miss something very strong. The "section" option is unchecked!

Do you have any other solution?

sans_titre.png

Indeed!

When zooming in, these lines don't appear either? It looks like a SolidWorks bug...

This may be because the pieces at that point in the section overlap. Check the assembly with the "Interference Detection" function. If so, you can exclude (not cut) the part from your view in the drawing.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello

put the dots and then you can choose the parameters of your line with a right click if you want the line in full.

Do you have imported geometries? If so, have you made an import diagnosis? Geometric errors in the volumes can be a concern. Otherwise, try moving the cut slightly.
3 Likes
A small interference detection (tool menu) in the assembly would not be superfluous... Because what I see in the screenshot reminds me of the display bugs related to interference

quite a few good leads have been given to you (note imported parts with errors or interferences) however I am also thinking of another option: in your drawing go to tools, option, document properties, image quality and increase the slider "Wireframe image resolution and high quality LCS/LCA"

Hi everyone! Thank you for all these answers!

I will try to answer in order:

-when zooming in the very don't appear either

-some pieces overlap but not in the place where I am missing features

- no imported geometry

-I tried to move the cut marks

-I have interference but I have to, I laminate the material in places

- the image quality is already at maximum

So I still have the problem, do you have any other leads?

If you switch your drawing view to shaded mode, the lines appear?

I just saw that if I click on "show/hide" the invisible lines appear in orange, but I validate nothing happens

sans_titre.png

in shaded image the lines are visible, but I can't print in shaded image

When you do a Show Hide, you have to click on the stop to show and validate so that it reappears when you leave the Show Hide

Mickael

2 Likes

Attached is a video capture to explain my words

capture-1.wmv
1 Like

If you click on the orange edges in "show/hide" mode, it should make them reappear or otherwise you right-click in the "Property" view and then on the "show hidden edges" tab, you delete all the edges present in the insert

mep.jpg

Your last two proposals don't work! on the other hand I found a backup solution, by unchecking the case "Hide the ... "

Here's where to find the box. On the other hand, if you ever think of another solution, I'll take it

sans_titre.png

But in fact, this is a flattened cross-sectional view?

1 Like