Drawing: choice between two parts in an assembly

Hi all

I don't know if what I have in mind is feasible on Solidworks but in case I start...

I would like to have the possibility on my drawings to include 2 or more references for 1 single piece, i.e. I would have two distinct parts with a different name (reference), for a single location.
Stupid example I have two or even three screw refs: TCBLX_M3x6_A2.sldprt + TCBLX_M3x6_A4.sldprt + TCBLX_M4x8_A2.sldprt
In my drawing I would like these 3 choices to appear in the nomenclature and for the editor to know that it is one ref. OR the other to assemble here.

I don't know if it's in my assembly directly that I have to add the parts and especially how to do it for the following nomenclature.

Thank you in advance for your ideas.

For it to appear in nomenclature, it must be in the asm.
On the drawing, you can "stack" (via right-click/add to the stack) the guides.
But should we indicate that it is one or the other reference, or will the editor be able to interpret that it is?

2 Likes

Precisely I would like to indicate an OR with perhaps landmarks that show the same part (example: 3a, 3b, 3c) that is found in the nomenclature table but there will be only one reference in 3.

A trick: use the quantity display by marking "or" instead of the standard "x" and forcing the value to "" (see screenshot in PC)

bulles_ou.jpg
1 Like

Yes thank you I'll try that. I'll come back to you to tell you. ☺☺☺

So it's perfect, I saw with the production manager. The or is not mandatory because I renamed the indices with 3a and 3b, he knows that if the indices are stacked he must put only one reference. Top top top. Thank you so much for the help.