Drawing does not follow the changes of the 3d files

Hello

In Solidworks 2007, I took over plans by doing "Composition to go". The drawing is only partially updated when I modify the files prt Is there a trick or do I have to redo the entire drawing?

Thank you

Laurent

Hello

What are the unupdated parts of the plan?

Hello

Check the links of your drawing (file\look for references) in my opinion your plan should not point to your new files.

There may have been a problem with the take-home composition.

@+

6 Likes

Do you rebuild each time?

It seems like a simple answer but sometimes...

2 Likes

Hi @laurent

1) Load your parts/assembly

2) rebuild these pieces and save them in your SW version

3) view these parts on your screen 

4) Make your drawing

5) if you make a change you should find these changes in your drawing

@+ ;-)

Only the first page of the drawing follows the changes. It contains the view of the assembled assembly and the bill of materials. The other pages that contain the separate parts are stuck on the old design. I tried "rebuild" in the drawing and in the prt files: no effect.

In the links, there are new and old files! But I don't know how to clean up.

Thank you for your quick answers!

Laurent

at GT22, redrawing will be my ultimate solution. I would have liked to take the old one again. That would only make me a few ribs to modify.

Thank you for your answer.

Laurent

@Laurent,

If there is a link to the old files, you have to double click on the old file and change the link to the new one in the link search window.

Hoping there aren't many files.

There must have been a problem or an option that was not checked in the take-home composition.

@+

1 Like

As Coyote said, your drawing sheets should still be pointed at the pieces in the initial file.

So you have to go to File, open, select the drawing, references and point to the parts of the file of the composition to take away and not the original one. Then we open the plan and save it

3 Likes

in fact, there are links to the new AND the old files! (see screenshot) Double-clicking does not work on the links in the "search for references" window

I think I'm going to get a new complete plan!

liens_anciens_et_nouveaux_fichiers.jpg

Re

As I said@fthomas to modify the links, you have to go through open, click on the drawing, go to reference and then you can double click to modify the links.

I was wrong, it's not in looking for references.

@+

1 Like

Thank you all for your answers.

I tried "references" when I opened it. There are only 5 files. I changed the destination for them. The layout doesn't improve and on top of that there are lots of red hatched rectangles. I give up. I'm going to redo the drawing from scratch.

Thank you for your help.

Laurent

Hello

Stupid idea, but aren't the detail views locked? (it exists on catia, on SW I don't know...)

Hello

Were the drawings not saved as "Detached drawing"? This may explain why the link with 3D is temporarily broken.

Some users use this method in order to communicate to the outside only the 2D of a part or design.

If this is the case, simply select "Load Model" in the "Open" window

Kind regards

mep_detachee.jpg
3 Likes

->Chamade: I don't know if the views are locked. I don't know if this function exists in solidworks.

->Jmsavoyat: indeed, it's a detached drawing but loading the model doesn't change anything...

Never mind, I'm going to start from scratch.

Thank you so much to everyone who tried to help me. It's super nice!

Laurent

It may seem silly but by chance the drawing views wouldn't be hidden?

To see if this is the case you have to go to the creation tree, right click on a view in the tree and click on "show" (if they are not hidden "show" does not appear there will be "hide")

1 Like

No Fthomas, that's not it either. Too bad. I'm almost done doing it again.

Thank you all,

Laurent