MISE en plan SW "shem"

Hi all

I have a question about a special drawing. I need to put a plan on transparent " Shem ". These are special 10 :1 scale shots with carryovers. This type of plan is used by our turner/miller to produce our rollers. I have attached an example of a " Shem " plan.

Do you have a tutorial on SW that can enlighten me on the subject (I couldn't find anything on MyCADservices)?

Cdt

18920806_10155346469787716_4805588320082340566_o.jpg

Why not insert your 10:1 scale view out of the sheet and add detail views to it?

1 Like

It almost looks like a developed view of a cylindrical cam.

Can you elaborate on the method currently used (and the software)?

We currently use Autocad to make this kind of drawing. The idea is to group the profile of an entire pebble on a single A3 sheet, to do this we use marks ensuring the continuity of the drawing. 

Bart: the dée is good I try. After if there is a more natural procedure I am taker 

In your excerpt, it looks like there are several pebbles.

Are the landmarks the little red circles?

The problem is to relate these landmarks to the geometry:
- you make several cropped views
- In these views you make a sketch, dimensioned to geometry (hiding the dimensions).

It's a bit of a hack, if these landmarks correspond to particular and recurring points, there may be a way to do something else.

1 Like

Steffeno: Indeed, there are the plans of the two pebbles simultaneously on a single A3 sheet. Each profile (top or bottom) on the plan is marked by letters for the bottom pebble or numbers for the high pebble which are my "landmarks" here. 

Today, these plans are made on AutoCAD. Visiativ's technical support informed me that there was no "automated" help on SolidWorks dedicated to this kind of use.