Edit the text of a drill table

Hello, I have just created my first drilling table in a part drawing on which I have done machining with the assistance for drilling.

I would like to show, in the "size" column,  my different threads in the form "M5" rather than "diameter 4.2 THROUGHOUT".

This is to avoid confusing drilling and tapping.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello

Have you tried to edit in:

Document Properties / Hole Tables

or

Property manager / drilling tables.

The fact that you have the dimension of the hole before tapping allows you to avoid having a fab error. The operator does not have to think and makes his hole at the indicated odds.

I'll look to see if there's a solution to change the value you want to change.

A+

Wouldn't the cahnging of the header of your column be enough?

Yes, I've watched before, but I haven't seen anything.

I understand  that it gives the piercing diameter but, suddenly, nothing indicates if it's a piercing or a tapping.

That's what bothers me.

Hello

If you use the objects in the model , the thread and holes are dimensioned. As visible as an attachment.

If not, right-click on the dotted lines representing the thread in the layout and then on insert symbol, also visible on the attachment. Then the thread will be rated satisfactorily.

Kind regards.

cotation_filetage.jpg

Thank you and have a good evening.

Hello, it seems to me that you are trying to manage the information that is displayed in the "size" column of a drilling table of a drawing. This information is controlled from a text file named "calloutformat.txt" installed in the installation folder (c/programs/solidworkscorp/lang/english)

It's up to you to copy and modify it from another folder.

1 Like

YARSAC, that's beyond my skills.

Thank you anyway.