Tapered roller bearing mounting

Hello

I would have liked information on the installation of roller bearings: why O or X?

O-shaped: rotating housing, fixed load on shaft or rotating shaft, rotating load with shaft.

X-shaped: rotating housing, rotating load with housing or rotating shaft, fixed load on housing.

3 Likes

Thank you.

I'm in the configuration of a turning spindle. So shaft rotates and loads on the shaft, so O?

And what is the tight mounted ring?

Yes I would say in O

In X it's tight inside and in O the outside

1 Like

My bearing is in 125 h5 so I have to choose 125H6 for my housing in tight mounting?

Hello

I have a doubt: If it is a spindle for a machining lathe, in a fixed reference point in relation to the frame the contact point between the tool and the machined part is fixed while the machined part (+ spindle = > shaft) rotates.

We are therefore in a rotating shaft configuration with respect to the load = > X-shaped configuration.

On the other hand, as the load is off-center in relation to the bearings (to be confirmed), in order for the force to be as close as possible to the lines of force of the bearings, I will still choose an O-shaped assembly.

As for tolerance, the best thing to do is to get closer to the manufacturer's recommendations (or your JEDI to go back to a previous conversation...)

To use it as a teaching aid

Hello @ elafif.hamdi_1

I didn't understand the question , especially on a post dug up from 2015.

You should open (create) your own application by giving details of what you want!

Kind regards