Multiple room openings when opening a single room

Good morning,

My problem is that when I open a part (which by the way is the symmetry of another part but I'm not quite sure if it has a link), solidworks opens at the same time the original part of the symmetry, but also the assembly in which these two parts are located (i.e. that some functions have external references created in this assembly, (but I don't know if it has a connection).

Namely that I have a lot of other parts that are symmetries and a lot of other parts that have external references created in this assembly, but there is only one among all those that does that to me. So that's why I don't know if it's related...

And the same thing when I open the plan of this part, it opens up the 3D of its symmetrical sister and the assembly.

A big thank you to whoever will give me the solution!

Hello

Tools > Options..., in External reference set "Load referenced documents" to a parameter other than "all" according to your needs.

3 Likes

Indeed, by putting "None" they don't open anymore. But it's strange because all my other pieces that are symmetries or that have external references opened up on their own.

It's not strange. If it was on all or modified only, SW opens the contexts to update the child template.

What I mean is that in this case why didn't they open the contexts of my other symmetrical pieces or those that have external references when the "modified only" applied to all of them.
Obviously the piece in question must have had something different from the others, but I don't see what it could be.

Sometimes there are model reconstructions when they are opened. From memory, for example, if there is any reconstruction in an assembly, SW considers that it needs to update some components (even if it's a simple change in appearance or a tiny move), and this may explain this.

The management of registrations and reconstructions is quite strange on SW and is even more noticeable with Solidworks PDM which ends up with files asking for a record when nothing has changed.

2 Likes