Omitting a Solidwork Component

I would like to omit the last component of a repeat. And even if we add components to the repeat, it's always the last component that is removed.

Is this possible? 

Thank you

1 Like

Hello

If I understand correctly, you want to do a rep of 5 (for example) and you don't want the last component to appear?

Dimitri

3 Likes

Hello

You can choose which occurrence to omit by selecting it from the repeat menu as follows:

On the other hand, you can't make sure that it's always the last one that is excluded, it will always be the "n"nth, if you have 4 repetitions, then 6, it will always be the fourth that will be excluded.

Edit: It could work with a Sketch-driven Repetition though

3 Likes

Yes and when I change the number of repetitions from 5 to 6 it is the 6th piece that is removed without having to change the occurrences to be omitted.

Isn't there a way to get there with an equation?

Surely possible with an equation if the parameter of occurrences removed.

I tried under SW2014, it doesn't seem possible because the deletion of one of the repeats can only be done when editing the function. It even seems impossible to me to have 2 configs with different deletions

Maybe in a more recent version?

Given the problem, your repetition is surely an angular repetition and there it is quite possible to calculate the angle and the number of repetitions and to control this in turn by excel.

In the end you can also do the same kind of calculation in excel for a linear repetition: you make a repetition of X-1 with a gap for a repetition for X

This works well since it's always the last entity you want to delete.

3 Likes

For me, @dbz's solution was still the best.

4 Likes

Maybe you don't even need to go through XL to do the calculation, the equations of SW should be enough.

3 Likes

Could you put a screenshot to image your repetition?

1 Like

it is a repetition of a component pillotated by a repetition of a function.

In the end, I got there by changing my position.