Optimizing CAD Workflows with MyCAD Solutions - Emmanuel Katto Uganda

Hello MyCAD Community,

My name is Emmanuel Katto. I am currently exploring MyCAD solutions to improve our design workflows and enhance collaboration within our team. I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with:

1. What are the best practices for managing CAD projects using MyCAD? I’m particularly interested in knowing how to set up project templates and manage revisions effectively. Are there any specific features within MyCAD that facilitate this process?
  2. Given that our team is distributed, what collaboration features in MyCAD have you found most useful? How does MyCAD support real-time collaboration amongst team members, and are there any tools or integrations that help streamline communication and file sharing?
  3. I would like to know how to customize MyCAD to better fit our specific design needs. Are there options for scripting or automation within the platform that you would recommend? If possible, some examples of successful customizations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your insights and assistance!

Best regards,
Emmanuel Katto

Hello and welcome;

I imagine that you work with Solidworks and not Autocad for your projects (Am I wrong?)

Regarding the Mycad suite, it is not strictly speaking a " project " generator, it is rather a suite of several software programs that allow you to optimize time-consuming and redundant tasks...
I invite you to get a test version from Visiativ to make your own opinion.
Concerning collaborative work, it is not really (in my opinion) the strong point of these tools, It is possible to " mutualize " certain common settings but it is not " communication " oriented.
What do you mean by Review Management? Creation? the follow-up? 2D-3D linkage ?..

To help you make up your own mind:

https://forum.mycad.visiativ.com/t/mycadtools-kit-de-demarrage-prenez-en-main-rapidement-vos-outils-cao/111159?lang=fr

PS: I have changed the label of your message (Autocad originally) to replace it with '3D Design'

2 Likes

Hello

If you want to manage revisions and collaborative work effectively, EPDM is the place to go.
Be careful: it's far from free and you have to spend a lot of time defining your needs, then your workflows, properties...

1 Like