BOM Organization - SolidWorks

Hello

I would like to organize my name as follows:

The usual parts will be made with numbers allocated between 01 and 99. (I rarely have more than 50 pieces)

Standard parts will have numbers starting with 101.

How can I then manage the bill of materials on the drawing, knowing that I would have, for example, parts from N°01 to 27, then standard parts from N°101 to 118?

Otherwise, how do you organize your bill of materials to make the distinction between parts to be made and standard parts?

Thank you

Hello,

Personally, for the distingo, I do it by the "matter" and "description" columns. When it is a workpiece, there is the name of the material in "material" (logical) and the thickness of the sheet/dimensions of the tubes in "description".

So, when I insert a standard part I put the supplier's item number in "material" and the supplier's name in "description"

To be adapted according to your own designations/columns of course

On the other hand, for the N° in nomenclature ... I'm afraid you don't have much choice but to hand them out.

That said, there is a little trick that can help you. In the BOM options, there is an option to track the order of assembly. This would involve re-organizing your construction tree by putting the machined parts first and the standard parts at the end

5 Likes

Today, we have added a "Sequence" property with the 00 for the parts made 20, for the parts purchased etc.

As its we can sort by "sequence" the nomenclature.

Kind regards

5 Likes