Mechanically welded profile orientation

Hi all

I would like to know how to adjust the orientation of a welded mechanic profile when it is for example an uneven angle. In my attached file, I try to put the long side of my angle according to the Y axis and not according to Z and I can't do it. I can see the orientation options and the profile positioning option, but that doesn't solve my problem. I'm missing a rotation around Y.

Here is the solution I am thinking of, but it is not the most practical, I would have to redo all my profiles. That is to say that if I have a 40x20 profile, which I can't orient correctly, then I have to create a new sketch for a 20x40 profile and thus redo my new profile.

Additional questions: where can I find a reliable source of the different profiles available in the industry? The idea is to have access to the different models at first, even if it means reproducing them later. I've already seen topics on this forum to access libraries of profiles, I'll make good use of them! 

Thank you for your help.

Corniere-ms.sldprt

by rotating 270° in the adjustment of the profile positioning, I arrive with the long side of 40mm in the Y axis.

Is this the desired effect?

captureecran.jpg
2 Likes

You also have a symmetry profile that you can check for non-symmetrical profiles and of course play with the angles

3 Likes

Thank you for your answers! 

Indeed, you have to know how to play with the 2 parameters: orientation and symmetry profiles.

I was probably tired when I asked the question...

orientation_profil.jpg