Index Extraction Tool Review

Hello

We have a database of parts/drawings stored on a server.

An illustration of the tree is attached.

There are currently more than 500 references of parts with as many drawings.

Some drawings include revisions that have evolved over time (index 0 - 1 - 2 or more).

Is there a tool that would allow you to easily extract all the names of drawings with the corresponding index in an excel table?

If so, a tutorial available?

We are in the 2017 premium pack version, with mycadservices premium as well

Kind regards

Nicholas

arborescence.pdf

I tried Smartbom, unfortunately I can't recover the data from the revision table.

In the PC, an illustration of the revision board and its contents that we have on each drawing.

The goal of the game would be to extract the data from this revision table for each plan, and synthesize all this in an excel table.

Has anyone already done this?

Thanks in advance

tableau_revision.pdf

I was going to say with smartbom! For the index, how is it created from smartproperties? Is it linked to a property...

Do you have an example room or a printout of the properties of a room so that everyone can understand better?

Hello Denis,

Thank you for the answer.

We don't use properties for the plane evolution index, it's done in the drawing directly in an array.

In PC I gave you an example of a plan that we can have with the famous table in question.

examplemep.slddrw

After opening your plan there is indeed a property in the drawing called revision-Sheet1 and which is set to 3.

Do you have this kind of property in a part or assembly?

To check take a part with revision and then file property.

If this is not the case, it is because the revisions are applied only to the drawing. And that this list will only be recoverable at the level of slddrws.

Thank you for your answer.

The drawing I sent to illustrate is a bad example.

95% of our plans do not have the index linked to a property.

Nevertheless, all indices are noted in column B of a revision index table.

Do you think it is possible to retrieve these clues via Smartbom or another utility?

Unlikely, maybe with a macro, but you have to see how this index is written if it is repeatable on all MEPs or not.

The safest thing would be to change the method of indicating and have this property written somewhere. And there is no more problem to retrieve the list.

Hello

No problem to do this by macro.

The principle could be:

- Scanning Windows directories.

- opening of each slddrw found in SW.

and for each plan:

- Analysis of the revision table.

- Writing the result to a CSV file.

- Closure of the plan.

For your example plan, the result in the csv could be in the form:

examplemep.slddrw; creation; 0; 02/01/18; Franck C.; Atol; QH;
examplemep.slddrw; diameter increased to 120; 1; 30/10/2019; Franck C.; Atol; QH;
examplemep.slddrw; adding tapping; 2; 30/10/2019; Franck C.; Atol; QH;
examplemep.slddrw; bore increased to 38.5; 3; 30/10/2019; Franck C.; Atol; QH;

but it still depends a little on your level in the field of macros?

Kind regards

Level 0, come on, 0.5 in the best case:)

But thank you anyway

I just extracted all the plans from smartbom; 780 references, it's going to be a lot of work to rewrite all the indices in properties :)

Yes, but there is also another advantage, which is to keep the part before and after the index (this allows you to see the part before modification).

Or else see macro dev but not given to everyone.

Otherwise ask via hotline if something exists in the mycad tools, but after looking in integration the only thing I find is to look if a revision table exists, or to insert one, but not to read a value.

Here is possibly an example of a macro to find the revision  tables and replace it, you will just have to modify it or have it modified

https://www.codestack.net/solidworks-api/document/drawing/clear-revision-table-new-revision/

" Level 0, come on, 0.5 in the best case :) ", I wonder what would happen if I started my own business to offer "turnkey" macros at a low price:)

How urgent is your treatment to be?

Do you have plans with multiple sheets?

Is a csv file (therefore workable in Excel) formatted like the example given above suitable?

@tous, is it a tool that would interest other people?

Kind regards

1 Like

Oh well, that's a service that you have to offer to Lynkoa directly:)

Degree of urgency, if it can be done in the next 2 months it would be perfect.

One plan per sheet only.

Csv no problem, I would manage to get it back in shape if necessary.

Thank you for looking into this as well;)

@d.roger  Currently I'm trying to train myself in macros, as you must have noticed!

So always nice to see examples of macros even if this case is not part of my needs.

@sbadenis, on this one I'm not sure there will be an example of a macro, when I have time to do something on this subject it will probably be a program written in C#, a language I master a little more  !!

Kind regards

@d.roger : No problem, there will be other occasions!

Hello

You will find HERE a program that should theoretically meet your needs (at least I hope so).

Kind regards

1 Like