Interference Tool

Hello
Do you know why SW gives this information for example " 96 interference ignored " when using the interference detection function, what allows it to ignore them?
Thank you
Cdt

Fred

First of all, you can check the box "show ignored interference" to get an idea.
If you have a multi-body welded part, you are interested in the "Include multi-body interference" box.

You don't show the lower part of the feature manager, there may be other options that cause interference to be ignored (typically the hardware) (knowing that the hardware is recognized according to the value of the custom property "IsFastener" https://help.solidworks.com/2021/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_designating_part_as_fastener.htm).

4 Likes

I agree with Stefbeno, it's the fastener components that are ignored by default.

Thank you for your answers,
On the other hand, in this assembly, I don't have any screws or any element of the bookcase.

If you "show" them, what are its components?

These are profiles sent by my client, which I extruded. The strangest thing is that this does not happen on another assembly that uses the same profiles.

Hello;

Wouldn't your customer's profiles have an "IsFastener" property on "0" (zero) by chance?
In this case, they are considered components to be ignored in the different detection modes (such as bolts).

… oops, sorry @stefbeno it's a repetition of your post (it will teach me to read diagonally!)

Kind regards.

2 Likes