Most useful tools in myCADservices

Hello

Today my company has acquired Solidworks 2021 + myCADservices Premium, 

My question and which tools are most useful in myCADservices and what are the most common uses please?

Thank you

Hello
It depends on your use of SolidWorks and your industry.
I would say first, the essential and indispensable SmartProperties, then SmartBom and Integration.
There are of course many others. Take the time to discover them.
To get started, go to this page. You will find presentation videos and description sheets of the tools.

If you have any questions. come back to us. ;-)

Have a nice day.

8 Likes

Hello @Snorlax

Indeed, it all depends on your use of SOLIDWORKS! I am attaching the pdf presentation of the different tools with their uses so that it can help you:)

In addition, an interview with the company SDM ACIER about the Sheet Metal, Batch Converter and EasyPrint tools will be released on Tuesday to give you more details and examples of use! I will share it with you;)

Have a nice day! Coralie 

mycadtools_fiche_descriptive_des_outils.pdf
4 Likes

As @remrem summed it up well, it all depends on your use.

For our part, we used to use Projectmanager a lot (project copy with change of property name..., in batch), but since we reviewed our way of working, it has moved to a daily use of smartproperties, and very regular use of smartbom (bill of materials export) and Integration (batch and programmable task processing).

With the occasional use of other utilities as well.

4 Likes

Hello @tous, 

Check out this very interesting article for those who want to know more about myCADtools and how to use them! https://www.visiativ-solutions.fr/sdm-acier-vise-lentreprise-zero-dechet/

Have a nice day! 

Coralie 

Hello;

In descending order of use:

Smartproperties;Integration; BatchConverter; ProjectManger; SmartBom; CleanProject; BatchProperties

-the uses of other tools are anecdotal -less than once a month-

I will add that, given the debacle of version 2021.sp1 (All the tools were incredibly buggy and unstable -see list BG corrected in MyCadTools 2021.sp2 ) we went back down to Version 2020 with Personal creation of tools and Macro "Houses" to compensate for the shortcomings.

Be careful MycadTool remains a very good suite of tools, I believe that Smartproperties, SmartBom and ProjectManager are practically essential and do not really have direct equivalents in Solidworks. (I'm still worried about the next big update -Redesign- planned of the Smartproperties...)

Kind regards

Hello

Thank you for your feedback @MacLane. Indeed, with each version of myCADtools, we try to correct the bugs reported by our customers and to be reactive to the various requests and we are totally transparent about this.

For SmartProperties, don't worry! If we are working on a redesign of the tool, it is precisely to be more efficient in the evolution of this product, which is indeed essential and of which we have a hundred requests for improvements pending and difficult to integrate into the current version.

As for product, there are corrections to each service pack. Do not hesitate to report any anomalies found through the hotline and we will be sure to correct them.

Kind regards

Philippe ROSSIGNOL / Visiativ R&D department