Opening LocalHelp

Hello everyone,

I just bought LocalHelp 2013 for Solidworks, however it doesn't start at the same time as Solidworks. The only solution is to use the LocalHelp shortcut, which has the effect of not starting all the add-ins I have to install on my version.

The second solution is to click on the localhelp shortcut after opening Solidworks, which is not great.

Anyone have a solution on this?

Thank you and have a good day.

What do you call LocalHelp?

LocalHelp : LocalHelp is a tool that allows you to display a list of Jump Buttons in the SolidWorks "Task Pane".

http://www.mycadservices.com/store/fr/manuel-utilisation-utilitaire-localhelp.html

@+ ;-)

1 Like

I also didn't know -_-

Try to send a PM to Yves or Jmsavoyat, if it's an Axemble utility, they will have the solution:)

Good luck

It seems to me that the only solution is to click on the shortcut after opening SolidWorks.

You can make an upgrade request directly to the developer by:

Citing on "the setting of localhelp"

then " About LocalHelp" (i)

and finally on the "Reshow an improvement request" button

Hello

If the tool is installed on its own (i.e. without the myCADtools suite) it is not possible to launch the tool when starting SolidWorks and therefore you have to click on the icon. On the other hand, if you have myCADtools, it is possible, in the myCADtools settings, to specify that the tool is launched when SolidWorks starts.

Kind regards

4 Likes

Hello

Thank you for your answers.

Yes, LocalHelp is used to display a list of links in the right pane of Solidworks.

It's super convenient, you can call:

- A SOLIDWORKS order

- a website

- a Windows file

- a Windows folder

You can also create categories and add custom icons to the links you create.

Okay I'll look at MyCadTool

2 Likes

For your information, in attachment, what we find in our LOCALHELP.

@jmsavoyat: In the 2012 version (V2012.12.09), I don't see this setting that allows me to enable localhelp when SW starts.

localhelp_exemple.png
1 Like

Hello

@flegendre: The check box is in the ToolBar Customization (V2012.12.09).

In the "myCADtools2013-13-12" version, this is customized in the "Custom Toolbar 2013".

Kind regards

localhelp.png
1 Like

Thank you for your clarifications. Indeed it looks practical, I'm going to set it up!

I tried to open the help (in the gt22 link), but I couldn't! Is anyone getting there?

Edit: A right-click > properties > unlock is enough!

Hello

Has anyone found the menu that JMSavoyat is talking about with MyCADTools 2013 and SOlidWorks 2014?

Thank you.

there is a myCADtools 2013 tool "CustomToolbar" that allows you to associate tools to an SW event

(activates in SW/tools/add-ins/CustomToolBar)

For example, trigger a macro on each document record

Or in your case run LocalHelp every time you open SolidWorks

look at the CusomToolbar documentation

in the drilled versions it was necessary to customize the ToolBarMyCAD

8 Likes