Set up a repeat

Hi all

I often make a wire fence. it is defined by a rectangle and by the pitch (length x width x pitch).

Is it possible to set up a room so that the grid is automatically created with only this information?

(it is understood that before I will have made the necessary sketches for the proper functioning of the rehearsals)

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Can you provide us with your basic part?

Of course

Just use the solidworks equations,

I'll give you an example tonight if no one does it before!

Hello

In the attached file, I made a quick edit to visualize what can be done with equations.

Just right-click on the "Equations" folder in the tree and then "Equation Management".

Everything can be configured and modified according to the desired result.

Good luck!!

test_grillage.sldprt

Here is an essay,

Of course, be careful not to put impossible values, otherwise Solidworks won't be happy...

grid.sldprt
1 Like

Thank you for your answers

I forgot to mention that I use SW2011.

I can't open the files of Jose-accessa and Thomas.Guillard.

I'm sure there is information that can help me. but the files are made with a higher SW than mine.

Is it possible to make a small tutorial or a sw2011 file.

Meric in advance

@bflorencon, provide us with an example of your grids.

This is what I would like to configure.

It's a very simple grid. (Length x Width x Pitch)

The goal is that by changing the dimensions (Lg x W) the grid is redesigned.

Kind regards

grille.jpg

There is a tutorial on Lynkoa but there is a fee: http://www.lynkoa.com/store/fr/tutos-formations/tutos/thematiques-avancees-les-equations-dans-solidworks.html.

However, for 1 euro, it looks very complete.

Otherwise, there is still the google method which is doing quite well.

To sum up, an equation allows you to replace any value in your design with a parameterizable data.

Simply right-click on the equation folder in the function tree and select "Equation Management".

Then, you have to click on "New equation" and select the value to be set on the drawing.

Then, you just have to change the values according to what you want (it is possible to enter an equation according to another by selecting it directly in the equation management... example: L1 is a parameterized value, we create L2=L1/2. It's possible).

This is only a brief summary but the function of equations allows you to set up a complete drawing so for a wire mesh, it's very simple:)

A+

3 Likes
To answer this question, a tutorial has been created.
To access this tutorial, follow this link:
Definition of a wire grid

Thank you

but the link returns a 404 error!!!!!

I'm still interested in the tutorial

To answer this question, a tutorial has been created.
To access this tutorial, follow this link:
Definition of a wire grid