Parameterization of Machine-Welded Profile Sketches

Hi all

I have a small question, after a lot of research, I haven't found any info on creating a "Lib feat part" template (.sldlfp) dynamically; Indeed, I would like to create a whole library of profiles based on my supplier's nf products. As an example, I take a sketch of a square profile,  which I make variable on 3 sides; thickness, width and length.

Once my sketch is finished, I create a family of parts with the different possible configurations of dimensions.

Is it possible to retrieve these coinfigs for the creation of the . SLDLFP or do we have to create the profiles 1 by 1?

This is the answer to this question and would save me time in my library project. thank you in advance:)

This short video will certainly help you:

https://youtu.be/u6klAAOivRU

Since 2014, you can create your room family profiles. 1 single file for several profiles of the same type ;-)

2 Likes

Thank you very much :), I just looked at all this, it seems that I was just getting the wrong file location to make it work, I placed my file in the 3rd row (size) next to the 2nd row (type) which leaves the choice of parametrics.

All I have to do is define the names that will  pass in my name now ^^.

By the way, would someone be so kind as to pass me the original solidworks parametric library? (I can't download this version of biblio) This will allow me to be inspired by their :) conception.

Thanks again Max59 I see my project much less tedious and more practical to use:)

It's true that since SW2014 you can make configs for profile files, which increases the possibilities of the "multibody" principle (@max59).

The possibility of putting a derivative part (such as screws) integrated into a multibody library file still needs to be developed

(see my question

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/2d/bibliotheque-dans-la-construction-soudee-solidworks

)

1 Like

Well anyway it's already great for profiles, I scan all my supplier doc and I convert to excel in 3 seconds, I almost directly copy and paste ;), and here are all my supplier configs.