Transition to 2016

Hello

We are currently in SW 2014 and we will soon move on to 2016.

I wanted to have feedback if possible,  namely the advantages and disadvantages...

In the recommended config on solidworks.fr, there are no big differences between the versions except the office versions.

I understand that the 2016 compresses the recorded files better.

But apart from that, is it less resource-intensive? Or is he asking for a more powerful processor for an equivalent work on 2014?

Faster when opening or loading files?

Are there any features or methods with the 2016 that make the design even faster?

If some can give their positive or negative opinion, don't hesitate.

Hello

we have had the same workstation since 2013 and had Solidwoks 2013 -14-15 and now 2016 and have not noticed much change in resources but bcp new features and improvements that really make life easier. On the other hand, if you still have the home license option, it will jump during the migration...

whatsnew_2016.pdf

I'm attaching the different changes since 2014...

whatsnew_2015.pdf

Thank you for the answer, what do you call the home license? There are several workstations in network license and one workstation in one-workstation license, is that it?

It  seems to me that 2014 and the last version to have it. In fact there is the on-the-workstation license and you can activate a second Solisworks with the same license number for your home, hence the name home license but there have been abuses (the activation of the home license on a second workstation in a company) that's why they stopped.

1 Like

So in 2016 we remained too many slowdowns on several pcs, instability ...

You mean stayed in 2014....