Welded construction Pb

Hello to all of you,
I specify my SW 2016 premium work environment under W10 because I find myself facing a problem that I don't understand.
I created a part using the functions of the welded construction and I made the mistake of taking as the thickness for the 40x40 tube a value of 2.5mm that I thought was standard.
I finished my project and the purchases let me know that they could only find 2mm thick. As mechanically it didn't have any significant impact, I accepted and wanted to rectify my drawing.
I was not surprised to see an anomaly appear "Could not find the face or the plane" and to be unable to correct it without redesigning the part with all the consequences in the assembly where it is integrated.
I guess it must be doable but I don't know how to do it.
Attached are the files of the part for the 2 thicknesses in the RAR file.
Thank you in advance for your answers.

support_mobile_e2.rar

If you have made a welded construction

you have your profile library

square profile sketch 40x40 thickness 2.5,

and  40X40 ep 2 mm

You just have to take the right profile and put it in place of the obsolete profile

and in theory it won't change anything 

it should pass cream 

@+

2 Likes

Well, that's not the case!
See the 2 results of the 2 attached files.

Hello

In your 2mm file, if there's just enough, give it back the face.

On the other hand, in the 2.5mm, why try to change the profile when you just have to change the dimension of the section from 2.5mm to 2mm and it works very well.

Once used, the profile shape can be modified without impacting the profile library.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Thank you for the solution which consists of modifying the thickness dimension, I hadn't thought of it.
On the other hand, concerning the file with a thickness of 2 mm, I couldn't give it the face.

Many thanks for the solution.

Before closing this subject as resolved, I would like to understand how you manage to give face, because despite my multiple attempts I can't do it.
Sincere greetings.

Oh yes, when I open the "mobile support e =2" piece, I think I understand what the term "give back the face" means,

Right-click on sketch >> edit the sketch plan

16077821213356465686693362940988.jpg
1 Like

Good evening
Many thanks for this information, I didn't know about this option
Thank you all for all  this information.
Your answers will allow me to close this discussion