Pb Uniform Light Illumination

Hello

I would like to know if it is possible, on SW 2014, to have a uniform lighting of my room regardless of its orientation.

Today, I have a "3 punctual" lighting but the undersides are darker than the ones above (normal)

I just want my parts or assembly to be the same color all the time.

Thank you

Hello

it is enough to extinguish them; that way it will be uniform... See PJ

lumiere_uniforme.jpg
4 Likes

but if you just deactivate the directional it works great too...

1 Like

After disabling  directional you right-click on Ambient==> edit the light and there you play with the cursor to make ± clear...

3 Likes

Overview of light

You can adjust the direction, intensity, and color of light for a model's shaded Image view. You can add different types of light sources and change their features to illuminate the model as per your needs.

You can change the appearance of the model to accentuate or lessen the effect of light properties.

Types of Lights

There are several types of light sources:

Ambient light
illuminates the model evenly in all directions. In a room with white walls, the level of ambient light is high, as the light is reflected from the walls and other objects.
Directional light
comes from a source located very far from the model. This light source is made up of parallel rays coming from a single direction, such as the sun.
Point light
comes from a very small light source located at specific coordinates in the space of the model. This type of light source emits light in all directions. Its effect resembles that of a small light bulb floating in space.
Spot light
is a restricted, concentrated light with a cone-shaped beam that is brighter in its center. A spot light can be directed at a specific area of the model. You can adjust the position and distance of the light source from the model, as well as the angle of the beam extent.

Default System Light Settings

By default, the Scene  FM_Lights_and_Cameras.giffolder under Scene, Lights, and Cameras in the DisplayManager contains one Ambient Light and three Directional lights.  

• You can turn ambient light on or off, but you can't remove it or add other ambient lights .
  • You can enable, disable, or delete Directional light sources. You can also add other Directional light sources.
  • By default, lights are enabled in SolidWorks and disabled in PhotoView 360.
  • The maximum number of light sources in any document is nine (Ambient light  and eight others in all possible combinations).

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

Great, thank you.

I must be an old C.., but I find it completely stupid to have to manage lighting options (which for me, are only used for rendering) during the design phase.

Subsidiary question: as you have to do the manipulation for each file, can you create your own personal scene?

You can modify your stuff as you want and then save in . prtdot to use it as the default file and all your lighting settings will be identical in each room, i.e. uniform light as in the previous posts...

That's what I feared.

I can't edit the part or assembly templates. There are 15 of us cartoonists and I'm the only one who doesn't mind...

You're just worried about yourself. You can't??? Mine and my colleague's are not identical, everyone has these little tricks but the main lines are the same.

No, not possible.

We all use the same models in a network.

Everything is managed by an "administrator" and it's a real hassle to make the model evolve.

Put them on your C and change the paths in Solidwoks. Tools==> system options, then default templates.

I can't, it's forbidden and quite monitored.

too bad for me :-(

Wow, good luck doing the modification manually unless you use the macro recorder to try to make one that you will have to launch in each room...

Hello

You can probably try to play with the system options, I have Solidworks 2017 SP.5.

I don't know these options, but I'm the only one in my design office who used the dark background and the default icon color. To see if you can personalize appearances, I have some colleagues who have appearances of their own.

Kind regards