Pb bending by deformation?

Hello 

I am meeting a PB, I have a bent angle profile, I want to make a 3° fold on a wing of this angle. consequently the opposite wing undergoes a deformation....

I can't figure out how to do it. 

Looking forward to your return, 

thank you in advance

Kind regards 

Gaylord

With the sheet metal module alone, this will not be possible. Except maybe with the brushed folded sheet metal function

Otherwise by combining a bent sheet metal angle with the "stamping" or "deformation" function

which is found in "insertion/function"

From there, you can deform your folded part

2 Likes

Hello, why bother with sheet metal? Do you need to have the unfolded?? otherwise a simple extrusion by sweeping would be faster!?

Cdt

ps: Which high school are you in???

G.

Hello 

First of all, thank you for your answers, I must indeed have the opportunity to make a unfolded. 

I didn't want to make two pieces, one for unfolding and the other for rendering...  

I'm going to try the stamped module. 

I'm not in high school, I'm a design manager in an industrial bodywork. 

Kind regards 

Gaylord 

1 Like

Hello

Which version of Solidworks are you on???

If you need the unfolded sheet metal, you have to use the swept folded sheet function

Trace your path with the desired angle, then sweep the "L" profile of your angle on that path.

balayage.jpg
3 Likes

As Bart explained to you and as I would have done, here is an example piece in 2016...

ac_cobra.sldprt
2 Likes

Starting from a sketch of a "bent base sheet" and adding two "folded sheet metal", we arrive at something similar and in addition, it is unfoldable.

The problems are: 

- It's not exactly the same since we have a notch at the crease.

- When you unfold it you have a (slight) interference

Hoping I was able to help.

Gauthier

profil_plie.sldprt

You give the answer in your question

you need to create your angle

and then create a deformation 

For the realization of this said part, this is how it will be done in the workshop

@+

3 Likes

After testing, with my tools in the workshop we cannot make this part by deformation. In fact I opened a wing, we deform the part and then weld it back. Finished....

Thank you for your participation. 

Kind regards 

Gaylord

How did you carry out your tests???