PDM - New index of files before PDM

Hello

We have files that were produced before PDM arrived.
Some of these files (.slddrw) already have a hint.

All files have been placed in the PDM vault,
As soon as I want to modify a plan, it leaves with a hint as if the file were blank.

Let me explain:

Old plan => index B
Imported to the vault, archiving => B index
Modification of the plan via PDM => index A

In my transition, I have a Define Variable action that is set to %nextrevision%

If you have lights to clear me,
Thank you for that;)

Hello

You need to add the rights to set the revision to the state(s) you are interested in. In the revision number tab of this state(s), the variable used to manage the index must be configured.

Once done, when you click on "Set Revision" a window of the type get version appears. Right-click the line of the file(s) and select Set all new revision values to the card variable value.

Very well explained in the help otherwise: http://help.solidworks.com/2018/french/EnterprisePDM/FileExplorer/t_Incrementing_Revisions.htm?id=1300008ce58d4f6a9190917f74e5ee4f#Pg0

1 Like

Otherwise there is also in the pc starter an import flow that allows you to recognize the revision, as long as the files have the same profile as those already in PDM

Thank you for your feedback,

So for the solution of "Set revision",
As I understand it, PDM will replace the data in the "Reviewing" column with the "Data Map Variable" column.

However, the value in my data card is good.

These files have gone through an import flow to normally manage the files already indexed.

definir_la_revision.jpg

Not knowing your import flow, as it is he put - on everything.

So you have to right-click on the complete list and select "Set all new revision values to the card variable value"

At this point the revision will be set to the map variable and will then follow the revision scheme specified in your vault.